Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

18/07/14 - Widnes Vikings v Warrington Wolves KO 8pm (TV)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Widnes Vikings (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Warrington Wolves (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Discuss Widnes Vikings v Warrington Wolves here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Wire by 24+.

#3 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

I am looking forward to this. Widnes tend to raise their game for these - perhaps they consider this their main derby whereas Wire think of it as 1 of 3. With the semis looming, Widnes need to find form, whereas the longer Wire's winning run goes on the nearer the end draws, I have a sneaking feeling there could be an upset.

#4 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

I am looking forward to this. Widnes tend to raise their game for these - perhaps they consider this their main derby whereas Wire think of it as 1 of 3. With the semis looming, Widnes need to find form, whereas the longer Wire's winning run goes on the nearer the end draws, I have a sneaking feeling there could be an upset.

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised to see a defeat here. It has surprised me how long our winning streak has gone on for with the amount of rotation within our team, that can only be a good thing.

Looking forward to it, seems a while since we were on telly.

#5 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

If it stays dry Wire should nick it, will be closer than form suggests and Smith is using the last two games and Widnes and Wakey to rotate and rest players in prep for the play offs and this will always increase the odds of us losing.

#6 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Not my research, it's taken from another forum but there has never been a split season between Widnes and Warrington - all games have been won by 1 team.

Edited by MamaKangaroo, 18 July 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#7 Gates1

Gates1
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

Can only assume tonight's events were due to the heat and on the basis that tomorrow will be hotter - I'm going to the bookies to put a tenner on Gene Ormsby getting sent off for stamping on Joe Mellor nuts.

#8 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

Can only assume tonight's events were due to the heat and on the basis that tomorrow will be hotter - I'm going to the bookies to put a tenner on Gene Ormsby getting sent off for stamping on Joe Mellor nuts.

Mmm. That would make it a pecan encounter.

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,735 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

We've not been on telly for yonks, looking forward to it. Would expect the Smellies to be up for this, they were pretty chirpy before we spanked them at the HJ.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

8 home grown and 16 British players in the Wire squad.

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

If my team can put over 50 on Widnes, then I don't hold up much hope for them competing against a well coached Warrington side.There's just the derby factor that might help them.

Widnes 8 Wire 46

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#12 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised to see a defeat here. It has surprised me how long our winning streak has gone on for with the amount of rotation within our team, that can only be a good thing.

Looking forward to it, seems a while since we were on telly.

I'll be astonished.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#13 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,921 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Lovely tribute to Pat Price
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Lovely tribute to Pat Price

It was. Really nice gesture to name the stand after her too.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#15 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,921 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Some really big defence going in
Thoroughly enjoying it
Keeping it local

#16 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,921 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

The stadium should be packed for a game like this
Keeping it local

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

Matty Russell got the demons with him tonight which is helping Widnes' cause somewhat.

Even so, Widnes not going too bad and have just extended their lead.

12-0.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Quite happy to admit I've been wrong up to now, prediction wise.

Widnes over again, shouldn't Atkins have been penalised for a head shot although Widnes lost the ball in scoring, no vid ref though.

Justice perhaps?.

16-0.

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

Really enjoyed that first half. Looking forward to seeing if Warrington can climb out of the hole they've dug for themselves. Credit to Widnes though, they've really unsettled their opponents. 

#20 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

Quite happy to admit I've been wrong up to now, prediction wise.

Widnes over again, shouldn't Atkins have been penalised for a head shot although Widnes lost the ball in scoring, no vid ref though.

Justice perhaps?.

16-0.

Setting aside the iffy grounding was that not a text book case of a player being fouled in the act of scoring? Should have been an eight point try IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users