Photo
- - - - -

18/07/14 - Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Hull FC (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Discuss Wigan Warriors v Hull FC here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Wigan by 18.

#3 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Wigan by about 20. 

Suspect Hull fans will have one eye on the Bradford game where a defeat for the Bulls will leave Hull safe from relegation.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#4 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

I hope we win, and think we ought to. I like a lot about the new FC approach, and some of the young players they are producing are top class. For some reason they seem to get fewer plaudits than others.
It will be interesting to see how our back line shapes up - with no Bowen, Hampshire, Goulding, Thornley, Burgess or Green, it will either be Tierney at 1 and Manfredi for Budgie, or else (as I would prefer) Sarg at 1 and Bateman/Hughes in the centres.
No Pettybourne as his jaw was broken last week. Without wishing to have this thread blocked my assumption is that it was Farrell what did it. :)

#5 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

I go with an air of dread - but then again, every now and then we play well - hope its Friday night!

I'll go for Hull by 4 points with a barnstorming performance by the 2 youngsters Lancaster & Shaul  :sclerosis:

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

I go with an air of dread - but then again, every now and then we play well - hope its Friday night!

I'll go for Hull by 4 points with a barnstorming performance by the 2 youngsters Lancaster & Shaul  :sclerosis:

We're without Ellis, Lancaster and Heremaia, so your prediction is already adrift.

As for the game itself, somehow, I'm reminded of the first time I saw the Daleks on Dr Who.....

Wigan 38 Hull 14  :(

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#7 7723

• Coach
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I think the outcome of this match could depend on who is fullback for Wigan. If Sarg is at fullback then I think Wigan will do fine, but if Tierney is at fullback and Hull manage to get him to make a mistake under the high ball, I think his confidence will drop and Hull will just keep putting bombs up.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Hull don't have the intelligence to capitalise on a team's weaknesses.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hull don't have the intelligence to capitalise on a team's weaknesses.

They seem to capitalise on their own pretty well.

#10 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

They seem to capitalise on their own pretty well.

Other side of the same coin.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#11 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

We're without Ellis, Lancaster and Heremaia, so your prediction is already adrift.

As for the game itself, somehow, I'm reminded of the first time I saw the Daleks on Dr Who.....

I'm a bit puzzled why Wigan are only -16 on the handicap when they beat us by 28 at the KC. Salford beat us by 13 last week and they're not even any good.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#12 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Teams have been announced, we're also without Sa, Yeaman and Horne.

Good luck to another youngster making his debut, Jack Logan.

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

80 m intercept gets Wigan off after 3 mins. Gonna be a long night.

4-0.

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Talanoa scores following a blunder behind the line from Wigan tryscorer Tierney.

4-4.

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

Charnley over.

10-4.

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

What took them so long?

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Hull drop the ball in their own 20.

Williams over.

16-4.

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

What took them so long?

Sounds like Wigan are playing rather poorly.

But as you and I both know, Hull can take "rather poorly" to the next level...downwards.

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

Matty Smith under the sticks.

22-4.

#20 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Sounds like Wigan are playing rather poorly.

But as you and I both know, Hull can take "rather poorly" to the next level...downwards.

Absolutey, mate, anything you can do etc.

Sounds like the inevitable procession is back on track now though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users