Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

18/07/14 - Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Hull FC (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Which one is Radford then?!

I would say neither. In my opinion he has been promoted to head coach far too soon, it rarely works out. Good coaches need to serve an apprenticeship just like any other job. Give him 5 or 6 years with the academy and assistant to a top quality coach and then judge him.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#42 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,922 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

I would say neither. In my opinion he has been promoted to head coach far too soon, it rarely works out. Good coaches need to serve an apprenticeship just like any other job. Give him 5 or 6 years with the academy and assistant to a top quality coach and then judge him.

Completely agree. I think if he gets the Jimmy Lowes treatment (ie bring an experienced coach in above him to guide him) it could work out. But he's definitely not ready now.
Posted Image

#43 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

Which one is Radford then?!

Kit man

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#44 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Kit man

Pub landlord amateur club coach (© S. Reed 2014)

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#45 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

From where I'm standing the club does look and sound like the super league version of Newcastle United - a place where players can go and earn big money & be in the spotlight but the culture is wrong. A large fan base despite limited success set against a strong sense of the club's history and tradition.

It has to be that there are too many of the wrong type of people there.

We have an impeccable record of removing people who aren't good enough then replacing them with somebody even worse.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#46 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

We have an impeccable record of removing people who aren't good enough then replacing them with somebody even worse.

Surely you will hit the bottom of the barrel sometime?

#47 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Surely you will hit the bottom of the barrel sometime?

A mate of mine and OF's has a saying 'Scraping it? We've put our ###### ing fist through it.'