Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stacky gone?

Jarrad AWOL?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Looks like jarrad going down south according to a post on facebook last night,i hope he is not going to miss any matches but his job naturally comes first.I think jarrad will be a big big miss if he has to miss a few games but,with Hulme coming back into the centre position he can fill Jarrads place,but we will definitely miss Jarrads defending in the team.Its good to see big shacks back in the frame,we have missed him but we are still winning but it will be good to see him charging up the field.
Posted Image

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

No one replaces him . Fingers crossed.

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

If it is true it would be nice for someone from the club to notify the fans instead of us guessing until the end of the year. Did it say when trouty?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

I'm sure we'd know if he wasn't going to play again this season.

#5 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

Where does he work at

#6 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Wonkey,it was jarrad on having time with his missus before going down south.I would expect it being this week or sooner with the way jarrad was saying in his post,if he is not at training it will give an idea that its sooner and not playing this weekend,hope not and has i had said he will be a big miss.Donald,i think that jarrad has got e ployment at sellafield with the police,so,that maybe he is going for training similiar to young smith at haven.
Posted Image

#7 macca57

macca57
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

jarred was training 2nite, could be wrong but it looked as though he will be involved on sunday

#8 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

If it is true it would be nice for someone from the club to notify the fans instead of us guessing until the end of the year. Did it say when trouty?

I asked jarrad last night and he said he was to be away for 16 weeks but he also said he would be available for some matches.Iknow he is not playing on sunday but will get some game time for town and, i think it will be mostly away games,but lets hope he gets a couple of games at home.I hope all go's well for jarrad and hope to see you in the blue and white soon.
Posted Image

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

Wow , that's massive for us . Just at the worst time

Edited by DavidM, 18 July 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#10 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

Great ....

#11 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

I think they advise you not to play any sports during the training because any injuries can cost you your job in that time my cousin done it last year he came back every weekend but couldn't play football when he was back

#12 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

At least we haven't signed him for 4 years not knowing if he can play......oh hang on....

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

He can't play during his training. Which I'm sure will be finished in plenty of time before the start of next year. It's a big loss for Sunday, but we're not as reliant on jarrad as we have been in the past. Although the last game I can remember him missing was north wales which didn't go great.

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

And we have DR which always comes to the rescue when required ...

#15 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 872 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

At the end of the day Jarrad has to think about his family, he has worked for Town for the past couple of years on the community programme and has worked very hard with Brett to make the programme a success, he has to look at the bigger picture and look after himself, he has signed for Town for another 4 years which is a massive for us, he will be a miss at this stage of the season, but we now know will have him back and playing in the blue and white for a good few years, good luck and hurry back Jarrad !!

• dkw likes this

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

Well if stacks not there Im not sure who going to play in our outside backs.
Murphy
Carter
Hulme
?
Mossop
Forber
Lupton
Shacks
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Mcavoy
Olstrum

Phillips
Duerden
Szostak
Rooney

So it's just really that centre spot where we're struggling. Ideally you would like manfredi to miss out tonight and push Jason into centre but I can't see him coming up. So your looking at Morris/connor if either are fit, and I've given up on the idea of dan rooney playing there. Joel tomkins or goulding would do nicely.

#17 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

You'd think it would be Morris of fit,
Murphy
Carter
Hulme
Morris
Mossop
Lupton
Forber
Shacks
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Szostak
Olstrom

Duerden
Rowlandson
Mcavoy
Rooney

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

You'd think it would be Morris of fit,
Murphy
Carter
Hulme
Morris
Mossop
Lupton
Forber
Shacks
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Szostak
Olstrom

Duerden
Rowlandson
Mcavoy
Rooney

no Callum Phillips Scott??

#19 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

So does this mean there will be another community type role at the club available for a new signing ?

#20 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

no Callum Phillips Scott??

Knew I'd forgot someone, Callum on the bench instead of Rooney

Edited by scott, 18 July 2014 - 02:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users