Dons sign young Leicester Tigers star

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

<p>Doncaster RLFC are delighted to announce the new signing of Leicester Tigers centre Pas Dunn.</p>
<p>The 20 year old, who grew up in New Zealand, joins the Dons after four years in Leicester&rsquo;s academy.&nbsp;</p>
<p>Dunn will boost the Doncaster squad as they aim to cement a place in the Kingstone Press Championship play-offs and he could make his debut against Swinton Lions this weekend at the Keepmoat Stadium.</p>
<p>Both player coach Paul Cooke and Dunn were delighted to get the move finalised.</p>
<p>Dunn said: &ldquo;I m really excited to sign here, I am really looking forward to training and hopefully being in contention for this weekend.</p>
<p>&ldquo;Switching codes will take a little bit of getting used to, but I grew up playing rugby league so I think it will all come back naturally.</p>
<p>&ldquo;I played at hooker when I last playing rugby league four years ago, but I can play in all positions in the forwards.</p>
<p>&ldquo;Carl Hall and Paul pushed me pretty hard to come here, my dad also used to play with and against Carl, so it really tempted me to join Doncaster.</p>
<p>&ldquo;It is an awesome stadium here at the Keepmoat, I just can&rsquo;t wait to meet the lads now and get started.&rdquo;</p>
<p>Cooke added: &ldquo;It is a huge signing for us, we haven&rsquo;t started the season with the biggest squad, we have lost a few along the way and have picked up some injuries.</p>
<p>&ldquo;The opportunity to sign Pas has come up and we have jumped at that, Carl has done a great job of getting it over the line so quickly.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&ldquo;We look forward to getting him in and integrating Pas with the players and seeing what he can provide on the training and playing field.</p>
<p>&ldquo;With seven games to go we need Pas to come in and give us a really big push towards the end of the season and I know he will do that.</p>
<p>&ldquo;I have seen Pas and know his particular skill set and what he will bring to the group.</p>
<p>&ldquo;Pas will go straight into contention, we have no brought him in to sit on the side-lines, we have done our homework and we want to get him out on the field as soon as possible.&rdquo;</p>

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users