TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Are the rules just being made up to suit?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

I must remember to be more thorough when doing my homework!  :sclerosis:

Edited by LordCharles, 18 July 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#2 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

isn't NCL  already tier 4

Super League is tier 1

Championship is tier 2

Championship 1 is tier 3

Other Community Leagues are tier 5 

I thought this was changed when relegation was announced for SL.

Edited by Impartial Observer, 18 July 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#3 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

isn't NCL  already tier 4

Super League is tier 1

Championship is tier 2

Championship 1 is tier 3

Other Community Leagues are tier 5 

Indeed it now is, due to Championship 1 now being Tier 3, where as originally Championships were Tier 2, NCL Tier 3 and Regional Leagues Tier 4.

I take it all back, I am very sorry, I got it wrong, must remember to keep up to date Pyramid files!!!!  :blush:

Anyway while your on IO, you don't usually respond unless it is to defend the RFL (Case in point!), so can you tell us all why no funding would be forthcoming if clubs wanted to move to an alternative playing window?

Also how does the limited NCL survey results all of a sudden deem everything is ok, when clubs and their representatives portray a different view?

Thought I would ask as you always seem very non-commital when it comes to these type of straightforward questions :)

Edited by LordCharles, 18 July 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#4 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

I just like things to be factually correct though looking on the RFL website it still says NCL is tier 3.

I do not know why funding would be removed if teams went back to winter, I saw it mentioned that this is 50k, does each club get the same amount? Didn't anyone ask that question at the meeting?

Again the only thing I have seen about a survey is on here so not sure who it was sent too or the questions asked or the results but surely the best way to find out way the views of a large number of people is to survey them and not go on heresay. What method would you use to find out the views of a large amount of people?   

#5 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

Again the only thing I have seen about a survey is on here so not sure who it was sent too or the questions asked or the results but surely the best way to find out way the views of a large number of people is to survey them and not go on heresay. What method would you use to find out the views of a large amount of people?   

I doubt it would be difficult to stipulate to all NCL clubs that in the interests of collating a balanced view so that the Management can consider how best to review future strategy in relation to existing and alternative playing windows, that all clubs are to recieve 2 x administrative (Head Coach & Chairman/Club Sec etc) and 6 x player questionaires/surveys at the next meeting.

Once completed by adminstrative and playing members of each club the questionaires/surveys need to be handed in at the following meeting with a record to be produced of who has or has not taken the time to undertake this important task on behalf of the League with which they are a member.

So that would be 8 x 47 questionaires returning what should be 376 responses............I'd say that would deliver a fair and balanced representation.

Edited by LordCharles, 18 July 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#6 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

£50k - Does each club get the same amount?

No is the simple answer, each Club get's a share `per mile' depending on the distance they have to travel to away fixtures throughout the season.

With regard to the survey results, perhaps if more people had taken five minutes out of their busy lives to complete the survey, the results could well have shown a different story, but we'll never know!! 

#7 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

£50k - Does each club get the same amount?

No is the simple answer, each Club get's a share `per mile' depending on the distance they have to travel to away fixtures throughout the season.

With regard to the survey results, perhaps if more people had taken five minutes out of their busy lives to complete the survey, the results could well have shown a different story, but we'll never know!! 

Perhaps if the "Survey" results did not suit the NCL/RFL I would be pretty damn sure they would be more proactive to ensure a balanced/favourable view was obtained!!

Edited by LordCharles, 18 July 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#8 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

[b]£50k -

With regard to the survey results, perhaps if more people had taken five minutes out of their busy lives to complete the survey, the results could well have shown a different story, but we'll never know!!

Every one thinks someone else is doing it, as I have said before I have been told SILENCE IS ACCEPTENCE

Edited by Defender1, 18 July 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#9 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

Apathy is vote of confidence in the RFL , HOWEVER even when robust questioning of RFL  stats and outcomes are challenged the RFL do not or can not reply so on the rule of thumb of the survey no reply to a challenge means the challenge is upheld ?

NOW I UNDERSTAND SIMPLES :download:

#10 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

I doubt it would be difficult to stipulate to all NCL clubs that in the interests of collating a balanced view so that the Management can consider how best to review future strategy in relation to existing and alternative playing windows, that all clubs are to recieve 2 x administrative (Head Coach & Chairman/Club Sec etc) and 6 x player questionaires/surveys at the next meeting.

Once completed by adminstrative and playing members of each club the questionaires/surveys need to be handed in at the following meeting with a record to be produced of who has or has not taken the time to undertake this important task on behalf of the League with which they are a member.

So that would be 8 x 47 questionaires returning what should be 376 responses............I'd say that would deliver a fair and balanced representation.

I am not criticising your suggestion but just a couple of questions spring to mind 

What would you do if each club didn't send in there 8 replies?

How would the six players at each club be selected? 

Also I could see plenty of arguments on who would get the 2 administrative surveys at each club.

How was this RFL survey done, who was it sent out too?

#11 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

I am not criticising your suggestion but just a couple of questions spring to mind 

What would you do if each club didn't send in there 8 replies?

How would the six players at each club be selected? 

Also I could see plenty of arguments on who would get the 2 administrative surveys at each club.

How was this RFL survey done, who was it sent out too?

RFL survey was done online.

#12 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Who was able to access the survey from the clubs?

#13 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

You tell me?

Through the suggestion I have made at least you would know the opinions from different areas of the clubs, Exec Committee, Coaching & Playing.

I think at least 1 Exec member should fill it in, the head coach and at least 6 players picked at random.

It needs be no more than 10-12 questions long, even a tick box/multiple choice questionaire with room for comments, that would take nobody longer the 10-15 mins tops to complete and hand back to the club rep for submission.

#14 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

After my last post i found a topic all about the survey which is great so now i know who it was sent to.
Strange you didnt know as you posted the information

#15 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

My reference of "you tell me" was a touch of sarcasm given the very limited response it generated.

Some clubs allegedly did not receive the link, others clearly did'nt bother to complete it, either way it is hardly a true reflection based on the poor numbers.

#16 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

My reference of "you tell me" was a touch of sarcasm given the very limited response it generated.

Some clubs allegedly did not receive the link, others clearly did'nt bother to complete it, either way it is hardly a true reflection based on the poor numbers.

Surely it was a truer reflection than half a dozen members on an RL forum?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#17 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

It's pitiful to be honest and what is even more pitiful is that the RFL and NCL are prepared to not only accept it but also hide behind it because it suits.

Let's put it this way, I would be willing to bet that if the concenus was for a switch back to Sept-May based on the limited numbers that responded the RFL and NCL would be very quick to condemn it and proactively set about obtaining what they would deem to be a truer reflection based on a more thorough survey that engaged more of their members!!!!

#18 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

Yes, it was a few more.

2000 players email addresses were sent to from the community database. 500 had bouncebacks apparently, so around 1500 received.  :O

Around 190 replied.

89 NCL club officials were sent the survey, 40 replied.  :bye:

#19 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

BR you and others do annoy me if you think the game is going forward then you are deluded.
I live in the heartlands and speak to rugby people every day some have been involved in the game for over 50 years people have resigned and given up, their view on things have never been so bad! Please look at the Yorkshire Juniors, NWC Juniors, Hull Youth you never see Cumbria results, where are the Midlands, NE, London youth result? Yorkshire Juniors under 16 Premier League down to 5 teams is this not the pinnacle! The game is declining, 18.0, 24.0 NO RESULT, even teams have dropped out and the results are given as an average score that they may have had, are increasing (we went summer to STOP POSTPONEMENTS) the Duke admitted West Hull entered the Yorkshire Premier and have had more cancellations than ever.
As you say there are 6 or so people on the forum contradicting the RFL trust me we are also trying to save the game in our own areas, all we are saying is we are passionate with our view you are with yours please do you really think the game is on the up if YES give me some credible instances not stats from the RFL.. Do you speak to people who live and breath the game, I am a dad my son plays, youth secretary, club secretary, RL season pass holder, played the game 40 years ago, watch a game very weekend not just my club, trust me I am worried!

Edited by Defender1, 18 July 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#20 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

Yes, it was a few more.
2000 players email addresses were sent to from the community database. 500 had bouncebacks apparently, so around 1500 received. :O
Around 190 replied.

89 NCL club officials were sent the survey, 40 replied. :bye:

165 replied, which includes the 40 officials, so on that score only 125 players actually replied.

Even if you put them together and work off your lowest circulation figure (1500) it only gives you a return of 11% in replies, some of which were not happy bunnies!!!   :bye:

Hardly a workable amount of statistical data you could form a sound opinion off the back of is it?

Edited by LordCharles, 19 July 2014 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users