Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Sun report 3 game ban for Sinfield

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

Taken early plea so gets 2 and is free to play in semi final. Have they even had the hearing yet, it's usually the following week.

#2 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

The charges are issued on a Monday with the hearing on a Tuesday . EGP by 11am on the Tuesday so they can cancel the tea and biscuits

#3 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

I can't wait to hear the decision...... "I can't spayke..!!"

"Kev, look we're really sorry you've had to come all the way over here mate. We would have liked to have just swept it under the carpet but its a bit full under there. What we are planning to announce to the media is that it was simply another one of those obstruction things and you lost your balance. Can we pay your petrol money for coming over? Give our love to Gary and tell JP that we are all thinking of him....."

(Sloppy grammar corrected)

Edited by Bomballey, 19 July 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Looks like someone works at Red Hall!
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#5 lionheart

lionheart
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Jack Wilshire will get a worse punishment for smoking

#6 northamptoncougar

northamptoncougar
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

Bombally - I was laughing and then realised that this probably happens.

I wonder if Wood will personally wrote to Cas and advise them that its in their best interest for their players to keep all heads away from King Kev.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,434 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

Moderators, please click on the relevant drop-down box in the settings and put TRL on default 'green crayon' mode for the next week.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sending off sufficient=forum meltdown
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#9 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

I'm all for a bit of banter on here but I think some people need to get this into perspective.? No sendings off in a 16-year top grade career, no-one was injured. Three games down to two with an early guilty plea seems very logical (to those without an axe to grind).

#10 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

I'm all for a bit of banter on here but I think some people need to get this into perspective.? No sendings off in a 16-year top grade career, no-one was injured. Three games down to two with an early guilty plea seems very logical (to those without an axe to grind).

I wouldn't have a problem with that outcome but can see him going for a personal hearing and due to the unblemished track record then either SOS or a 1 match ban at which stage the TRL server will crash

Edited by LeeF, 20 July 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#11 northamptoncougar

northamptoncougar
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

3 matches - 1 reduced for previous record = sensible

#12 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Theres also an argument that Captains should pay larger consequences. How about the Club have to pay a larger financial penalty, maybe the club and trusted associates are not looking after the players mental welfare enough like they should be.

Edited by davidhubball, 20 July 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#13 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

what will be will be,but whatever is the outcome he will have to get 7 games before some people are satisfied

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#14 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Less match-bans but a heavier fine against the Club would suit me. Plus insurances that Sinfield receives help for his mind and also possibly for the manager and technical staff as well to ensure this won't happen again. Holding free training sessions at some of the non-local clubs would also help to pay for the crime in my opinion (in other words helping kids in non-local clubs would give a broader view for the player). Same goes for Graham Hock would be better as well in my opinion - they are in the same boat as each other. We need to learn some compassion and mercy and understand what made the players act the way they did if we are to take the mature stand.

Financial penalties are quite a deterrent I find. Where I work, if a computer fault isn't fixed within X hours, my company gets fined. The employees do not get any direct benefit even if the company does not get fined (they don't receive bonuses in their wage if everything is fixed in time or not). Whats interesting is that this kind of motivation works - just about all the empoyees bend over backwards to make sure the faults are fixed in time due to the constant reminder from the Managers about the cost to the company and reminders that it will cost the company so much financially (employees arn't affected in their wage packet either way). Whether its the feeling of guilt knowing that you cost the company X thousands is more than a burden to bear, I'm not sure but it works. I hope the RFL start fining clubs more (or take a percentage of their profits based on incidents like this).

Edited by davidhubball, 20 July 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#15 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

personally i think kevin should get 2 games on account of his exemplorary disciplinary record 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#16 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Less match-bans but a heavier fine against the Club would suit me. Plus insurances that Sinfield receives help for his mind and also possibly for the manager and technical staff as well to ensure this won't happen again. Holding free training sessions at some of the non-local clubs would also help to pay for the crime in my opinion (in other words helping kids in non-local clubs would give a broader view for the player).

Is this for real? Did you ever have the privilege to watch Les Boyd, Kevin Tamati, Kelvin Skerrett, Brendon Tuuta, Jim Mills, Kurt Sorensen, Terry Newton, Barrie McDermott et al take the field? Geez, talk about overreaction. This thread is going pretty much to type.

Edited by Scubby, 20 July 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#17 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,137 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Chase got three matches for a deliberate assault on Ropati which resulted in Ropati sustaining a broken jaw.  If you get three matches for breaking someone's jaw, surely one match will be enough for Kev? 

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#18 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

I kind of agree with Trojan - it was as much as head-push as much as a head-butt and no broken bones or flesh-wounds either. Sinfield should consider himself quite lucky. My comments about still stand:-

Less match-bans but a heavier fine against the Club would suit me. Plus insurances that Sinfield receives help for his mind and also possibly for the manager and technical staff as well to ensure this won't happen again. Holding free training sessions at some of the non-local clubs would also help to pay for the crime in my opinion (in other words helping kids in non-local clubs would give a broader view for the player).

Zidane was fined 7,500 Swiss francs and handed a three-match ban for his severe head-butt in the 2006 Football World Cup. In comparison then Kevin Sinfield should only get a 1-2 match ban for his head-push/head-butt. Silly man though - KS has a lot to learn.

But then I watched it again:-

https://www.youtube....h?v=o2M2oWibpXk

After watching it again though I would say that it should be 3 match ban - it was more of a head butt than a head-push. Combine that with swearing involved maybe it should be a 4 match ban. Sorry Kev.

No, I've watched again and look as though Luke Dorn hit Sinfield in the chest as he was getting up while Sinfield was still riled. Combine with the provation involved and intensity of the match, I go back to saying a 3 match ban should be sufficient - all dues paid for. What say you?

Edited by davidhubball, 20 July 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#19 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

Plus insurances that Sinfield receives help for his mind and also possibly for the manager and technical staff as well to ensure this won't happen again. Holding free training sessions at some of the non-local clubs would also help to pay for the crime in my opinion (in other words helping kids in non-local clubs would give a broader view for the player). Same goes for Graham Hock would be better as well in my opinion - they are in the same boat as each other. .

I like a bit of tongue in cheek and a wind up but this has had me rolling around. It's a piece of genius.

Comedy gold right there.

Nest over flew one cuckoos the....

#20 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Is this for real? Did you ever have the privilege to watch Les Boyd, Kevin Tamati, Kelvin Skerrett, Brendon Tuuta, Jim Mills, Kurt Sorensen, Terry Newton, Barrie McDermott et al take the field? Geez, talk about overreaction. This thread is going pretty much to type.

different era and nothing to do with King Kevs red card, what you quote would mean apart from Hock no one would be banned. If he has committed an offence within a graded area he should get the lower end because of the record and his get out of jail card can be used if possible. If the semi was not round the corner it would not raise as big a reaction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users