The Sun report 3 game ban for Sinfield

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

I would love to know what LD said or did to get that reaction from KS, He's not known for anything like that, I reckon most people will be expecting a light sentence because it's Leeds ( taking into account JP's recent let off, Myself i hope it is light , I don't condone head butting in any way, but it was never going to do any serious damage, There are far worse head shots that are far more potentially dangerous , I think if King Kev had wanted to hurt him he could have made a better job than that.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#22 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Charged with a grade C  offence.3 games at most,2 games with an EGP.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#23 PurpleHeadedYoghurtSlinger

PurpleHeadedYoghurtSlinger
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

He should get 5 matches for his horrific language alone! I almost dropped my crumpet!

#24 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

I just don't get how his charge and punishment can be in a national publication before the charge has even been brought..........

#25 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Because we can Mama!! Would you like make a verdict - won't be long now :)

Whatever punishment is dished out by the RFL, I will accept it whatever it is so there'll be nothing more to say as far as I'm concerned.

#26 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

I just don't get how his charge and punishment can be in a national publication before the charge has even been brought..........

The first error is believing anything written in the #### has any remote correlation with the truth! :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#27 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#28 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Maybe, just maybe, they got someone with experience of past RL disciplinary decisions on similar offences, then looked at the footage without applying club prejudice (of either the "hang him!" or "let him off scot free" or "it's all a conspiracy" variety) and took an informed guess?

What am I saying? That's just crazy-talk...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#29 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

EGP 2 games.(waits for the meltdown to begin)

#30 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

I have seen the arguments for lower sentence because of his previous good record, but is there also not a counter argument saying that because of his standing in the game (England/GB and Leeds Captain) and the totally unprovoked nature of the incident, that he should receive a stronger penalty as an example?

#31 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

I have seen the arguments for lower sentence because of his previous good record, but is there also not a counter argument saying that because of his standing in the game (England/GB and Leeds Captain) and the totally unprovoked nature of the incident, that he should receive a stronger penalty as an example?

Was it totally unprovoked,Dorn seemed to be spitting a fair amount of abuse his way.

#32 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

I would have thought that Leeds as a club would be on thin ice citing unpleasantries aimed in their direction.
I think the disciplinary panel is one of the few things that works well in our game - if they say 2/3 games that'll do for mine.

#33 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

I doubt Leeds will have used that as a reason,just countering the "totally unprovoked",we don't know what has gone on between the two players in the rest of the game leading up to the headbutt.Sinfield has committed the offence and been punished.

#34 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Seems fair to me. He was also dismissed from the field so it is 2 games plus the n minutes he was off. 

Can we move on now? :unsure:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#35 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

I doubt Leeds will have used that as a reason,just countering the "totally unprovoked",we don't know what has gone on between the two players in the rest of the game leading up to the headbutt.Sinfield has committed the offence and been punished.

yes we do, dorn was running rings around sinfield and sinfield didn't like it and lost his rag, end of, two games is about right.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#36 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

yes we do, dorn was running rings around sinfield and sinfield didn't like it and lost his rag, end of, two games is about right.

silly me,yes,that will be it. :sleep:

#37 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Was it totally unprovoked,Dorn seemed to be spitting a fair amount of abuse his way.

actually, Sinfield started the debate with Dorn. Dorn was shouting to the ref, probably appealing for a yellow card, which wound Sinfield up.

#38 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

actually, Sinfield started the debate with Dorn. Dorn was shouting to the ref, probably appealing for a yellow card, which wound Sinfield up.

So totally unprovoked.Dorn didn't say anything to Sinfield before contact was made?It certainly looked like he did.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 21 July 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#39 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

So totally unprovoked.Dorn didn't say anything to Sinfield before contact was made?It certainly looked like he did.

no, Dorn shouted to the ref, Sinfield then started shouting at Dorn, Dorn was provoked. Imho.
Provocation isnt a great dedence for Sinfield, not that he needs it either.

#40 lionheart

lionheart
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Peter sutclffe only got caught once but no leniency was shown there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users