Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Sun report 3 game ban for Sinfield

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

no, Dorn shouted to the ref, Sinfield then started shouting at Dorn, Dorn was provoked. Imho.
Provocation isnt a great dedence for Sinfield, not that he needs it either.

Try watching it again.While I don't condone Sinfields actions,Dorn certainly said something to Sinfield before contact.He's got a two game ban,as far as I'm concerned,that's it.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 21 July 2014 - 05:21 PM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#42 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,800 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Try watching it again.While I don't condone Sinfields actions,Dorn certainly said something to Sinfield before contact.

i accept he said something, he certainly didnt start the battle of words though. The person who started the debate, and then head butted the otger person would surely struggle to claim provocation?

#43 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

i accept he said something, he certainly didnt start the battle of words though. The person who started the debate, and then head butted the otger person would surely struggle to claim provocation?

No one said he had claimed provocation but on the same standing was the attack unprovoked as some claim.

#44 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Charged with a grade C offence.3 games at most,2 games with an EGP.

I can't spayke!

It's about right for mine - bit like a prefect getting detention....

Let's move on

#45 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

Peter sutclffe only got caught once but no leniency was shown there

Oh dear...

#46 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Championship players seem to get worse sentences for less crimes than Sinfield has picked up.    Double standards!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#47 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Show us the proof Keith - not seen any.

#48 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Show us the proof Keith - not seen any.

You obviously don't read the RL Express every week where they publish offences looked at by the Review Panel, etc, and see how many SL players have - No Charge compared with Championship players who get charged.    A young lad never sent off in his short career put on report for a late high tackle - 3 matches.   You only see what you want to see!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#49 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

You obviously don't read the RL Express every week where they publish offences looked at by the Review Panel, etc, and see how many SL players have - No Charge compared with Championship players who get charged. A young lad never sent off in his short career put on report for a late high tackle - 3 matches. You only see what you want to see!!!

Hasn't this been answered before. I'm sure its down to costs to part time players. So championship players will get a lower fine and more games.

#50 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

So, are all head butts a grade C offence carrying a maximum three games?

People called Romans they go the house

#51 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

So, are all head butts a grade C offence carrying a maximum three games?

I think there are three grades to head butts

#52 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Two games and back for the semi will do me!

Definite nudge and wink about the quote from Hetherington earlier:

Leeds Rhinos Chief Executive Gary Hetherington commented, "Unfortunately this is another example of the pattern of inconsistency displayed by the Review Panel of the RFL. Earlier this season, Kris Welham of Hull KR was charged with an unprovoked head butt and received a Grade A charge and no suspension. I can fully appreciate the growing chorus of discontent throughout the game with the performance of the RFL in these matters."

Yeah, right!
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#53 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Two games and back for the semi will do me!

Definite nudge and wink about the quote from Hetherington earlier:

Leeds Rhinos Chief Executive Gary Hetherington commented, "Unfortunately this is another example of the pattern of inconsistency displayed by the Review Panel of the RFL. Earlier this season, Kris Welham of Hull KR was charged with an unprovoked head butt and received a Grade A charge and no suspension. I can fully appreciate the growing chorus of discontent throughout the game with the performance of the RFL in these matters."

Yeah, right!

Looks like a little dig at hudgell to me.

#54 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

We should let the RFL make their judgements on a case-by-case basis in the best interest of each player. We are dealing with human beings being disciplined - we are not issuing out parking fines to anyone who commits for the same parking offence. Correct?

Edited by davidhubball, 22 July 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#55 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

We should let the RFL make their judgements on a case-by-case basis in the best interest of each player. We are dealing with human beings being disciplined - we are not issuing out parking fines to anyone who commits for the same parking offence. Correct?

Which is what the RFL do.

#56 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Surely that's approaching a breach of Godwin's Law...

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#57 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Surely that's approaching a breach of Godwin's Law...

Not sure, but it's pretty idiotic and has no place on here.

People called Romans they go the house

#58 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hasn't this been answered before. I'm sure its down to costs to part time players. So championship players will get a lower fine and more games.

If that were actually true wouldn't we be more likely to see full-time professionals charged more than semi-professionals.   Comparing the two lists in RLE there are far more "no charge" in the SL one than the Championship list !!

#59 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Did you just compare a headbutt during a rugby league game to the murders of 13 innocent people?

Astonishing.

#60 davidhubball

davidhubball
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Report the Sutcliffe comment then - instead of winging all over this topic about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users