TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Fireworks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 barrycotton2010

barrycotton2010
  • Facebook
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Would not be disappointed if we lost tomorrow
But I would love to see some fireworks.C.O.B.R

#2 barrycotton2010

barrycotton2010
  • Facebook
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Ok I shal reply to my own post if no one is happy lets here it I know I sm not a barovian but ever since I have been traveling up to barrow wich has been every home game and I absolutey love barrow ..I think maybe there are people who are not completely converted , think that is me finished had a wonderful two seasons with you hope it goes on.what a wonderful place and grand people.

#3 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

It was a discussion I had on Friday night with a few people Barry. People are bored with every topic getting hijacked with the same tripe by certain people. So they don't bother to post anymore. Don't take it as personal.

#4 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

It was a discussion I had on Friday night with a few people Barry. People are bored with every topic getting hijacked with the same tripe by certain people. So they don't bother to post anymore. Don't take it as personal.

Nail on head

#5 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

Absolutely!  

A few years ago the banter was good natured and quite humorous most of the time but then came along a few who hardly ever had anything positive to say.  They became very tedious and not funny.  I know one or two folk who hardly give this forum a glance these days.  Shame really, but it is a free place and anyone can come in.

Perhaps when the Raiders have a prolonged upturn in fortunes the clowns may disappear and the banter may return.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#6 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

Well the fireworks were a damp squib today!

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#7 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

I think it's a great pity. I have always enjoyed reading it and just ignore messages and streams that don't mean anything. I think it's a great way of communicating and expressing serious views on performances etc. A lot of stuff is now on Facebook but I can't follow FB and overall there is more rubbish that FB than anywhere.

Nice to meet you today Ron and put a face to messages. Hope you had a good trip back.

Posted Image

#8 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

I think it's a great pity. I have always enjoyed reading it and just ignore messages and streams that don't mean anything. I think it's a great way of communicating and expressing serious views on performances etc. A lot of stuff is now on Facebook but I can't follow FB and overall there is more rubbish that FB than anywhere.Nice to meet you today Ron and put a face to messages. Hope you had a good trip back.

Yes, great to meet you too Michael.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#9 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

Absolutely!  

A few years ago the banter was good natured and quite humorous most of the time but then came along a few who hardly ever had anything positive to say.  They became very tedious and not funny.  I know one or two folk who hardly give this forum a glance these days.  Shame really, but it is a free place and anyone can come in.

Perhaps when the Raiders have a prolonged upturn in fortunes the clowns may disappear and the banter may return.

not sure you are all being too fare to certain people after all others would goad them in to arguments with personal insults rather than the topic being discussed. I do agree though that topics were being hijacked  which does spoil it for many, however when a topic is created and you don't agree with comments or the topic; either put your counter argument or don't read it instead of having a go at people personally. That is why I stopped posting and no longer express opinions on here about the Club as every time I did I would be abused by certain people. Even when I haven't posted a comment certain people still drag my name into it. As for them being described as "clowns" really reinforces the way people are treated on here for expressing an opinion that may be controversial or based on information that is not generally known to the fans and to me sums up why people are leaving here in droves..

This isn't all directed at you Topchef just your comment seemed the most relevant and I feel an example of how people are treated on here.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#10 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

Some people say its the same old c"#p that comes out every time.  I recall posting on here during 2010 when it was clear that things behind the scenes where failing badly and yet there was posters on here saying "what do you know" and your talking nonsense".  As first Director appointed during 2011 and then as financial officer I had full knowledge of the way the club was running and what needed to be done yet other directors appointed disagreed and the state of the finances suffered since yet still people harp on about what do you know. 

The club is in its present state from a number of issues, yes the start of this season was a disaster with sacking the coach without a replacement and we all know whats happened since but the undermining problem is a direct result of the none action of Directors during 2011/2012 leaving the finances short and thus being behind with player selection and ultimately re mortgage and additional borrowing required.

If you don't know,canot see or have no knowledge of how it works then don't criticize those that do unless you can stand up and turn it round.

Lol another rant over

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#11 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

not sure you are all being too fare to certain people after all others would goad them in to arguments with personal insults rather than the topic being discussed. I do agree though that topics were being hijacked  which does spoil it for many, however when a topic is created and you don't agree with comments or the topic; either put your counter argument or don't read it instead of having a go at people personally. That is why I stopped posting and no longer express opinions on here about the Club as every time I did I would be abused by certain people. Even when I haven't posted a comment certain people still drag my name into it. As for them being described as "clowns" really reinforces the way people are treated on here for expressing an opinion that may be controversial or based on information that is not generally known to the fans and to me sums up why people are leaving here in droves..

This isn't all directed at you Topchef just your comment seemed the most relevant and I feel an example of how people are treated on here.

No offence taken.  

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough in my post.  The problem I have is with the 'clowns' who constantly have a go at reasoned argument without any constructive comment or suggestions of their own.  

The information that the likes of yourself and Neil Martin and others provide to the general viewing public always makes for good reading.  I appreciate we all have our own opinions on subjects, whether they are supported by hard facts or just our own personal feelings.  I cannot understand why some constantly have to make the threads into personal attacks on those that post.

Lets face it, we all only have the club at heart.  

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

no problem..i think we would all like the forum back to what it was..

Mike

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#13 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

YAWN

Tom Heighton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users