TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Floodlights

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

Excellent news in the Evening Mail that the work on the floodlights are to begin and we can only presume that the club has now raised enough cash to complete them.

It may be a miss print in the mail but it is said that drilling for the pylons for the floodlights is to begin and the stanchions are to go up once the season is completed. I could not imagine what drilling would achieve for the stanchions given the present state of the ground.

I obtained the floodlights and stanchions  from the council and went on to obtain the design for the lux levels required it  was clearly apparent that an additional stanchion was required and we can only presume that the BoD has obtained or ordered this additional item.    

The stanchion foundations are required to be designed against the current ground conditions which was found to be poor when we built the clive street wall. Calculations and designs will be required which will include wind loading in the event of storms. There are two local companies that can carry out the design following ground investigation. The foundation bases on very similar stanchions built by my company in 2009 were very large and in better ground conditions than that at Craven park.

The design and calculations will also be required for planning due to the stanchions being larger than the existing columns. All parties will have a duty of care to ensure the foundations are designed and carried out to ensure no visitors to the ground could be injured.

I am sure the BoD have already considered the above and I am just waffling, interestingly though I have not seen any planning application for the new stanchions as yet.  :bb: 

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#2 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Excellent news in the Evening Mail that the work on the floodlights are to begin and we can only presume that the club has now raised enough cash to complete them.

It may be a miss print in the mail but it is said that drilling for the pylons for the floodlights is to begin and the stanchions are to go up once the season is completed. I could not imagine what drilling would achieve for the stanchions given the present state of the ground.

I obtained the floodlights and stanchions  from the council and went on to obtain the design for the lux levels required it  was clearly apparent that an additional stanchion was required and we can only presume that the BoD has obtained or ordered this additional item.    

The stanchion foundations are required to be designed against the current ground conditions which was found to be poor when we built the clive street wall. Calculations and designs will be required which will include wind loading in the event of storms. There are two local companies that can carry out the design following ground investigation. The foundation bases on very similar stanchions built by my company in 2009 were very large and in better ground conditions than that at Craven park.

The design and calculations will also be required for planning due to the stanchions being larger than the existing columns. All parties will have a duty of care to ensure the foundations are designed and carried out to ensure no visitors to the ground could be injured.

I am sure the BoD have already considered the above and I am just waffling, interestingly though I have not seen any planning application for the new stanchions as yet.  :bb: 

Neil, If you go on the Barrow  Borough council Planning Site and search for B18/2014/0126 this is the application for the removal of the existing stanchions and their replacement

#3 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

No, I'm sure your just waffling Neil.

• D11 likes this
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#4 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

It was announced at the Dinner on Friday night....

#5 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

Neil, If you go on the Barrow  Borough council Planning Site and search for B18/2014/0126 this is the application for the removal of the existing stanchions and their replacement

thanks P o A

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users