Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Was nobody at the match today,

Posted Image

#2 blue forever

blue forever
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

To be honest there's not much left to say after that!

I dont want to join the army...

Posted Image

#3 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

I thought it was great to hear there were about 870 at CP today. I think that is amazing considering our results. I understand that there were over 800 at HS yesterday for there friendly with Carlisle.

I read the Bluebirds Forum now and again and there are dozens of messages. A great many of them are far worse than anything on this Forum.

Posted Image

#4 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

Who was our mom today ? 870 not a bad turn out today considering we where expected to lose and its holiday season ,I was a bit disappointed in how many travelling fans came today , I thought they would have brought more !

Edited by mjc, 20 July 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#5 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

I thought it was great to hear there were about 870 at CP today. I think that is amazing considering our results. I understand that there were over 800 at HS yesterday for there friendly with Carlisle.

I read the Bluebirds Forum now and again and there are dozens of messages. A great many of them are far worse than anything on this Forum.

HS was always going to get a good following to start this year off given the investment. Good to see you Friday.

#6 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

not a bad attendance today considering the situation were in, think everyone's lost interest this season and can't wait for it to finish. 

Campbell MOM for me was quality

#7 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

only caught the updates on radio Cumbria but we seemed to be playing well right up until 5 minutes before the end of the first half. BG wouldn't be interviewed after the game but it seemed like he was blaming pre season and the ref again? still away with work and probably going to miss the rest of the season so the updates on FB are great for me Mike.

how did his lad play out on the wing?

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#8 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

You're right Mike, we were playing OK in the first half and certainly didn't deserve to be behind by the number of points we were. Goulding Jnr showed great promise, he defended well for one so young but we didn't give him enough opportunity in attack, our constant obsession to go left starved him of any ball.
The ref? If that was the way he looked after the game at Salford I'm not surprised Hock decided to 'tackle' him, I might be paranoid and a little biased but we don't seem to have got the rub of the green in recent weeks, even more so after BG spoke out over the little Whitehaven fella, is there a referee's union.

#9 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Dalton Grant got mom but Cammy was outstanding. Some very odd calls from the ref no wonder hock took him out the other week.

Thought the score line flattered Sheffield

871 not a bad gate considering. Roll on next season
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#10 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

We are not getting the rub of the green from the referees.
Is it a coincidence that we have had Superleague referees for the last two weeks? Or is it because the RFL think they need a senior referee to handle BG?
If the latter, then the referees will be saying "don't be seen to be brow beaten by BG or you will be thought to be weak".
There was an incident in the first half yesterday when BG ran down the steps to berate the match commissioner, what does he think that will achieve?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

hopefully we can hold onto the 800+ home fans that were there for next year as the away support will be almost non existant ... bit like yesterday actually !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

We are not getting the rub of the green from the referees.
Is it a coincidence that we have had Superleague referees for the last two weeks? Or is it because the RFL think they need a senior referee to handle BG?
If the latter, then the referees will be saying "don't be seen to be brow beaten by BG or you will be thought to be weak".
There was an incident in the first half yesterday when BG ran down the steps to berate the match commissioner, what does he think that will achieve?

he certainly doesn't lack passion but I tend to agree with you that it will achieve nothing. It will be good to see the structure of the squad next year, I know we will be in a lower league but the nucleus of the squad is there. I wonder if he has ever thought of moving Bull back to the centre; what a combination him and Dalton would make. 

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#13 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Mike, I would be very surprised if Grant stays as a champ team will pick him up im sure

Lee Morton

#14 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

And the likes of Dawson, Mossop, Shaw.....

Posted Image

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

rumour has it Shaw has signed for the Bulls anyway

Lee Morton

#16 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach