Podcasts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

I listen to quite a few Rugby League podcasts and wonder if there are any I am missing out on.

Is there a definitive list of RL podcasts anywhere? I'm interested in anything, be it SL, NRL or the Kiwi scene.

Edited by Railway End, 21 July 2014 - 10:54 AM.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#2 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

I too would be interested in this - have yet to find an RL podcast I really properly love. Think there is a gap in the market for a real round up, but with a light hearted touch (nothing that would use the word "banter" please) of each weekends RL news and events similar to The Guardian's Football Weekly, or the excellent Football Ramble.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

Super League Podcast (@superleaguepod on twitter)

Fire Up! - NRL (http://www.cpod.org.au/page.php?id=27)

Rugby league Down South (link on the right side of this page)

League Culture

Love Rugby League do one too

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

Super League Podcast (@superleaguepod on twitter)
Fire Up! - NRL (http://www.cpod.org.au/page.php?id=27)
Rugby league Down South (link on the right side of this page)
League Culture
Love Rugby League do one too

The FBI one is a new one on me, I've added it to my players and will give it a listen later.

Cheers.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

The FBI one is a new one on me, I've added it to my players and will give it a listen later.

Cheers.

It's certainly amusing. They even have merchandise http://www.cafepress...rofile/28529082

As an added bonus, if you listen through the archives, I'm on one of the episodes!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#6 paulmac

paulmac
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

This week in league is pretty good,a bit of colourful language though.Triple M radio here in Australia have the Sunday NRL show with Matty Johns,Paul Kent and Gordon Tallies available on iTunes.RLDS is good but can get a bit monotonous ie LDN broncos lose again but try hard etc.Fire up is OK as is League by the fireplace.

#7 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

FireUp! have been long running and rather tongue-in-cheek supporters for the Nordic Cup.  I contacted them once and I think they were slightly embarrased, but there may be an interview coming up.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

FireUp! have been long running and rather tongue-in-cheek supporters for the Nordic Cup.  I contacted them once and I think they were slightly embarrassed, but there may be an interview coming up.

They have my Danish RL ball!

#9 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

This week in league is pretty good,a bit of colourful language though.Triple M radio here in Australia have the Sunday NRL show with Matty Johns,Paul Kent and Gordon Tallies available on iTunes.RLDS is good but can get a bit monotonous ie LDN broncos lose again but try hard etc.Fire up is OK as is League by the fireplace.

You could get a very good drinking game out of RLDS. Take a sip every time Ian Ramsdale says "positive / positivity / positiveness". You'd be smashed by the end of the podcast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users