- - - - -

Bulls withdraw points appeal

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

But - and I guess this is kind of the point Dave is making - how is that any different to 4 weeks ago when they launched the appeal? We'd have had no chance if we had got the points back then either realistically as the season was too far gone. The club said it was a point of principle (I read that as they wanted to get something out in the open, although that's pure speculation on my part) - but why after four weeks do they no longer have those principles. Probably because it's more trouble than it's worth - John makes an excellent point that even if we won nobody would have any sympathy for us. However, we just don't know the truth - par for the course with the club these days.

They did say something about the RFL's review into insolvency procedures was now being expedited, so maybe that's the point of principle

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#22 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

I think everything they have done, including the original appeals and subsequent legal appeal, they have done in the interests of the club. Nothing else but solely the interest of the club as they perceive it. Nowt wrong with that.

They have cancelled the legal appeal for the same reasons, solely in the interests of the club.  Bearing in mind that they never actually got to the stage of initiating the actual legal appeal process. It has only been an intent.  

I can only imagine that either the initial legal team have changed their mind, or the necessary expert appeals court barrister employed to take the case actually forward into the appeals process has suggested it may have a high risk of failure v cost of proceeding. Alternatively the RL and the club have come to some arrangement.

Lets not kid ourselves they have done anything for the good of the whole game as distinct from best for the club. As I say nowt wrong with that.

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,545 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

I got laid off last year and was absolutely fuming as people were kept on with far less experience and just generally apalling records. I fully intended to seek redress against the dipsticks who got rid of me....but after a while I weighed it up and decided it wasn't worth it so just chalked it up to experience and moved on. I still believe I was treated unfairly but just decided to cut my losses. Maybe the bulls are realising the same? I dont know what the real story is but its not impossible to still believe in a principle but let it lie.

Glad I did as the knobs concerned ended up running the company into the ground

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users