Another one bites the dust

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,312 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

The thread about Bradford being relegated was locked before I had the chance to put in my two penneth! Probably for the best.  I suggest we all observe a moratorium on P&R until we see how it works out. Perhaps it'll be a disaster.  I hope it won't but if it is then RL will have to think again. One thing is certain, what we have at the moment can hardly be described as an unqualified success.

• ckn likes this

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#2 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,495 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

I suggest we all observe a moratorium on P&R until we see how it works out.   

Why not hold a moratorium on new players until they have played a season, or transfer speculations until a player signs, or who will win the cup until they lift the trophy, or match threads until the final whistle?

A forum that bans talking Rugby League?

#3 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,312 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Why not hold a moratorium on new players until they have played a season, or transfer speculations until a player signs, or who will win the cup until they lift the trophy, or match threads until the final whistle?

Who said anything about a ban?  Just a bit of self discipline. Every thread that involves licencing and P&R ends up with people throwing out dubious statistics, insulting one another, or insulting people in the game who support one side or the other.  An example, I quoted Schoey on one of these threads as being in favour of P&R, what was the response of one poster?  "What does he know, he been done for drink driving"  These threads always descend into name calling and end up being locked.  Arguments about the respective merits of players, clubs, laws etc hardly ever end up that way.

• ckn likes this

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#4 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

or maybe we should just have one thread that debates it. John D has started to lock threads now as people are going round and round with the same points and different threads.
  • ckn likes this

#5 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

or maybe we should just have one thread that debates it. John D has started to lock threads now as people are going round and round with the same points and different threads.

Hmmm... I like that idea better, a bit like a crèche for people to have their rants without ruining other threads.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#6 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Exactly.

We don't need a new thread though.

We already have a mega-thread on here where all these arguments have been done to death over almost 250 pages, so to illustrate the point about how circular the arguments are, and how little the debate actually moves forward when people just repeat themselves ad nauseum and don't listen to anyone else's point of view, I've resurrected that thread and pinned it.

That way, people who want to discuss that subject can do so, without disrupting every other thread with the same old same old.

http://www.totalrl.c...merged-threads/

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users