Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

24/07/14 - Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Draw (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. Castleford Tigers (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

simply awful performance but a good show of character.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#42 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

Well, another Thursday night thriller.

Harsh on FC but they clearly have a lot of talent -.they just need to find themselves a Maguire and they will be in the mix.

I thought Hauraki's.knee to the head was horrible. He had a choice between trying to stand up or knee the young lad in the head. I hope no.serious damage was done. I don't follow the logic that they could not penalise it because they had gone on a tackle. 

Cracking match though and the draw was a fair result. 

#43 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

Not sure we will ever know if he meant it but if he did he should miss the rest if the season
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#44 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Not sure we will ever know if he meant it but if he did he should miss the rest if the season

Whether he meant it or not I think he could be on the sidelines for a few weeks.

As one of the commentators said, he new Abdull was underneath and he therefore had a duty of care for the players safety.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#45 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

It was incredibly reckless if it wasn't intentional. It added insult to injury to penalise Hull straight after as well. Literally the first tackle.

That's both half backs injured. We may see Miller again...
Posted Image

#46 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

It added insult to injury to penalise Hull straight after as well. Literally the first tackle.

Hull ripped the ball what was he supposed to do?

Posted Image

#47 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hull ripped the ball what was he supposed to do?

Send off Hauraki ;)
Posted Image

#48 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Quite possibly the worst scenario for me.

The Hull crowd got behind the team and most seemed daft enough to think Cas were competitive but we were better. Cas were inept in the first 60 mins or so and during that period Childs only ever saw offences against Hull. Once Cas started chucking the ball about a bit we were struggling, particularly down Whiting's side although it pains me to say that.

Then Cas nearly nicked it at the death and it's all the Ref's fault, so no ill feeling left over for Radford apparently.

As for the Hauraki incident on Abdull, it looked like Hauraki was frustrated at not being able to get up quickly, possibly due to Abdull already being injured but the Cas man's knee movements only made things worse and could get him in a fair bit of trouble. Abdull has been taken to hospital with what's been reported as a bad neck injury, if the RFL decide Hauraki's actions played any part in that then he may well miss the rest of the season.

Some decent entertaining stuff from Cas at the end, I hope they can get a bit more consistency in the next few games and have a good crack at the RL cup semi and possible final.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#49 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

Cas below par. Good physical effort by hull.

That's the weakest refereeing performance I've ever seen. A ref has duty of care for all players on the park.

He allowed rubbish in the tackle and play the ball throughout the whole game. Could not control the 10 yards.

By the time we reached the knee incident he had lost control of those basics - for me he takes responsibility for that incident. Unacceptable level of performance from a top flight official.

#50 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

That's the weakest refereeing performance I've ever seen. 

That was one of his best this season..

You obviously never saw him that time at Wheldon Road (vs Harlequins ??), when the match commissioner dragged him off at half time under the pretence of a sprained ankle.

#51 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

As for the Hauraki incident on Abdull, it looked like Hauraki was frustrated at not being able to get up quickly, possibly due to Abdull already being injured but the Cas man's knee movements only made things worse and could get him in a fair bit of trouble. Abdull has been taken to hospital with what's been reported as a bad neck injury, if the RFL decide Hauraki's actions played any part in that then he may well miss the rest of the season.

Apparently concussion and whiplash.  From what was seen on TV I can't see how Hauraki could cause whiplash as his knee just didn't move enough for that and Abdul was already on the floor.  Maybe he was injured going down in the tackle?  But I'm no medic.

Edited by Saintslass, 25 July 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#52 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

Apparently concussion and whiplash.  From what was seen on TV I can't see how Hauraki could cause whiplash as his knee just didn't move enough for that and Abdul was already on the floor.  Maybe he was injured going down in the tackle?  But I'm no medic.

Like I said,I did wonder if Abdull's injury had been caused before Hauraki's "efforts" but if you've suffered concussion, the last thing you need is somebody deliberately flailing around with their knees whilst they're in contact with you.

Hauraki may not have known Abdull was in such a bad way but that's no defence and I think he'll cop a ban.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#53 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:31 AM

Cas below par. Good physical effort by hull.
That's the weakest refereeing performance I've ever seen. A ref has duty of care for all players on the park.
He allowed rubbish in the tackle and play the ball throughout the whole game. Could not control the 10 yards.
By the time we reached the knee incident he had lost control of those basics - for me he takes responsibility for that incident. Unacceptable level of performance from a top flight official.

You blame the referee for the knee to the head of a trapped player? Wow.

#54 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

Like I said,I did wonder if Abdull's injury had been caused before Hauraki's "efforts" but if you've suffered concussion, the last thing you need is somebody deliberately flailing around with their knees whilst they're in contact with you.

Hauraki may not have known Abdull was in such a bad way but that's no defence and I think he'll cop a ban.

The incident was more or less in front of where we sit and I didn't think there was anything in it at first. Just looked like Hauraki was scrambling to get to his feet. Having seen the replay he's definitely got a case to answer. He looks at Abdull before bringing his knee down on his head so he's clearly aware of where his opponent is. Reckless or malicious I don't know but clearly dangerous.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#55 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

It's to be hoped you don't get snared by any random drug testing later.

I've never failed a dope test.

I just flash my Hull FC season ticket.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#56 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

The incident was more or less in front of where we sit and I didn't think there was anything in it at first. Just looked like Hauraki was scrambling to get to his feet. Having seen the replay he's definitely got a case to answer. He looks at Abdull before bringing his knee down on his head so he's clearly aware of where his opponent is. Reckless or malicious I don't know but clearly dangerous.

Have to agree, you see him look down at the FC player then knee him. As usual the RFL will bottle it and give him 2-3 games when he should get 8 for a deliberate knee to the head of another player. Shocking incident.

#57 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Have to agree, you see him look down at the FC player then knee him. As usual the RFL will bottle it and give him 2-3 games when he should get 8 for a deliberate knee to the head of another player. Shocking incident.

Kris welham headbutt

Posted Image

#58 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Kris welham headbutt

Which one caused the most damage?
Posted Image

#59 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

Fortunately it looks like Abdull's injury is not as bad as originally feared, he may even play against Saints next week.

Credit to the Hull Daily Mail for the accompanying photograph....

http://www.hulldaily...tail/story.html

#60 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

Which one caused the most damage?

I dont understand your point?

Posted Image