TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

smoking at stadiums

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

There is no contradiction because while a club may work in schools and community programmes to further the healthy living ethos (and frankly I don't agree with them doing that; they're a rugby league club and so should just be furthering rugby league), they are doing that with children, not adults.  The rules of living in this world are not the same for adults as for children.  Children are the responsibility of certain adults.  Adults are responsible for themselves. 

good call

but I would say that;

there are legal requirements both in statute and bye law regarding smoking and drinking in public including in sports stadiums.

Rugby League clubs derive considerable income from using their premises and staff for community projects with children, some even win awards, and many players have used the skills and interest they have picked up doing this work. I don't know if there's a connection but for instance Mickey Higham recently qualified as a teacher.

Rugby League clubs exists in communities and the connection between club and communities is inescapably strong, many people consider this to be a good thing and nowadays that relationship is used for mutual benefit. It didn't used to be.

There is a symbiosis in action clubs look good as well as all the other benefits shown above, when involved in this work, 

Children and young people are impressionable, and are likely to listen to someone they admire, schools, community schemes, children's wards in hospitals and so on have a valuable resource which they didn't have before.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#82 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Can people live without a pint for a few hours,alcohol is hardly part of a healthy lifestyle.Yet that is sold at grounds.

this.

#83 knottla

knottla
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

L'angelo no need to apologise, everybody can end up getting on a soapbox and end up missing what the thread  is about like I did must be my age.

#84 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

I choose to poison myself, it's not illegal. I enjoy a smoke and if it means I have to walk to a smoking area I'll walk to it. I also have ways of dealing with my nicotine craving when needed.

Smokers choose to poison themselves, as it not illegal, but the ant-smoking fascists won't be happy until smoking tobacco is made illegal...

Have you actually read the law with regards to smoking in public places... it makes quite interesting reading.

well that's your call

yes they do, although below a certain age and in clearly prescribed places and circumstances it is illegal. Again I suggest you check out the meaning of the word fascist.

the law regarding smoking in a public place sets out the the circumstances in which smoking can be allowed in a public place. This does not mean that such places have to permit smoking on their premises. If they choose for whatever reason not to then that is up to them. That also applies to the sale of alcohol, rugby league clubs are not obliged to sell alcohol on their premises, but most do and they are licensed accordingly the terms of that license are strict regarding alcohol abuse on such premises.

but this isn't what the thread is even about,

Keeping it local

#85 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Smoking is slowly being marginalised, and in true RL fashion the die hards are clinging onto the past!

Bring back smoking in bars, hospitals workplaces, and bring back P&R!

Alcohol will be the next target for future govenments!

#86 lionheart

lionheart
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Theres a rumour going round th

#87 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Theres a rumour going round th

So they got you to huh?
Keeping it local

#88 lionheart

lionheart
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Theres a rumour going round that the government are about to clamp down on MPs using rent boys and claiming the money back on expenses

#89 lionheart

lionheart
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

So they got you to huh?

yeah hot weather and stella artois better go home

#90 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Theres a rumour going round that the government are about to clamp down on MPs using rent boys and claiming the money back on expenses

So; it was only a flesh wound
We'll get you cleaned up in no time
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users