Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury 34 Barrow 14 - discussion, report, highlights

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Rams 36 -18 Barrow, first try scorer Morton.

Edited by andyram, 26 July 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#22 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Anybody any idea how much it is for juniors to get in for juniors???

Under 16's is £9 to sit, £2 to stand , under five's are free.

#23 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Rams 34 Raiders 18 FTS Thackeray
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#24 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

Under 16's is £9 to sit, £2 to stand , under five's are free.

thank you Andy

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

Rams 38 - Barrow 14

FTS: Thackeray

Att: 840

#26 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

rams 48 12

price to score at least 2

Edited by EQUALIZER, 27 July 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#27 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Rams 24- barrow 12. Fts - warren jowitt ;-)

#28 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

2 quid I think Graham.

#29 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Rams 24- barrow 12. Fts - warren jowitt ;-)

Sadly I think Woz will be carrying the water. Barrow have one of the best young wingers in the division in Dalton Grant though, and we all know our susceptibility to pace. Won't predict a score, but I reckon Grant will embarrass us with two or three tries.

#30 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Heard big things about him could be a good signing for Dews for next season.

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

http://www.loverugby...ow-raiders.html

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

“If we can get a win and some confidence on Sunday, hopefully we can start to build some momentum.”

I feel sure Morrison has said this previously this season. Not many games left to build on now!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#33 Pink panther

Pink panther
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Barrow win by 8

#34 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Dewsbury 40 Barrow 12

FTS: Thackeray to build on his tally on number of tries scored against one team in one season.

Att:800

#35 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Poor performance today , far too many handling errors on another day we would have lost. We looked a bit flat for long periods. Defensively we looked okish we defended well on the line but in broken play looked at sea. Some poor tackling in one on ones from players I would expect better from. Spicer and Pryce played well , Thacks was a little quiet but laid on Hyde's try nicely. The theme of the rest of the season consistently inconsistent.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#36 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Poor performance today , far too many handling errors on another day we would have lost. We looked a bit flat for long periods. Defensively we looked okish we defended well on the line but in broken play looked at sea. Some poor tackling in one on ones from players I would expect better from. Spicer and Pryce played well , Thacks was a little quiet but laid on Hyde's try nicely. The theme of the rest of the season consistently inconsistent.

I thought Joel Farrell had a good game and should be in with a shout for the Fax game!

#37 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

He did indeed liked the look of him.

[

#38 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

I also thought Farrell stood out (I don't just mean his hair) yesterday. His work from dummy half and tackling was good, but Spicer did deserve his MOM and his try was well deserved in an otherwise poor performance.

At times Barrow looked better and their one-on-one tackling was excellent. Indeed their three tries were better than ours I believe.

Much improvement needed at a Halifax next week, even for a bonus point.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#39 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

A poor game with a sprinkling of highlights. It was clear why Barrow are going down - they aren't very good. It was less clear why we are in fifth place - we weren't very good either. At times teams just win ugly as the saying goes, and three points were secured which some commentators believe is all that matters.

Farrell had a lively game and sprinkled some excitement dust over lacklustre proceedings. I particularly like his distribution from dummy half - and improvement on some other players' recent efforts in this role.

I was shocked by the size of the crowd and I'm sure that the club were very disappointed with this. I presume that this being school holidays doesn't help but were there other factors at play? (Looking at gate figures at Huddersfield and Bradford it certainly looks like a seasonal factor was at play - the sooner we end this experiment with summer RL the better.)

Finally, would someone give Dale Morton some catching practice? I know that some might believe that it is only fair to give the other side a chance straight after we score a try but it is shredding my nerves.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#40 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Really scrappy win today I'm sure Glenn and the boys will now they have to make big improvements.
Thought Ewan Dowes had a good game me along with young Farrell and rob spicer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users