TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Reform

what does it mean

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

Cameron says he wants the EU to reform.  It sounds reasonable.  But what exactly does he want?  Reform is a good word.  There used to be reform schools to turn bad lads into useful citizens.  So when greasy Dave talks about reform it sounds like something good.  But I reckon he should be made to spell out just exactly what he objects to. What does he want reformed?  Does he want employment rights taken away for example?  Because much of what this government has done in reforming labour relations has been to take workers' rights away from them.  They now say they want to reform trade union ballots, as if our labour laws weren't some of the most restrictive in the Western world.  They've reformed the NHS and education. Both these reforms are looking like disasters, with the promoter of the NHS reform sent to the back benches and the promoter of education reform sent to the chief whip's office where he can be hidden from sight.  So I reckon someone should pin Cameron down, and item by item find out what his proposed EU reforms consist of.  Dave is very fond of skating over stuff and getting away with it. I don't think he should be allowed to get away with the bland "reforms" euphemism.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#2 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

I think the chances of David Cameron reforming anything is pretty much zero. He has little support he couldn't change the biscuits they have at meetings let alone any of the big stuff.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#3 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

This bloke's got the right idea.

:biggrin:

http://www.telegraph...-at-France.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic