Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton Lions v Halifax

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Leigh Sports Village  3pm Sunday 27th July

Be there and bring a mate should be a good game !!

Riggy

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Really looking forward to tomorrow
If we can put in an eighty minute performance we can live with anyone
Come on you Lions

#3 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Quite right Mark we was so unlucky last week.

#4 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Big effort needed tomorrow, good luck lads no penalties, work hard

#5 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Good luck lads from Cornwall - make my afternoon

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

That's no excuse you should travel back
I'm curtailing my visit to my godsons 18th to get to the game
I've beaten him soundly for picking a match day

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

For once I'm going to negative
Disorganized and lacking any structure
The score flattered us in a game we chased from the first minute with another gift try
Penny played out of his skin and so did most of our players BUT we failed to play as a team. Looked woefully disorganized on the rightt wing and at half back
Halifax boast some of the most arrogant fans I've encountered for some time fortunately I was saved by a good couple sat near us
One young lad aged about15 screaming obscenity throughout was a disgrace.

Edited by mark richardson, 27 July 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#8 Lancaster Lions

Lancaster Lions
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

I thought we had a good team on paper today, unfortunately the game was played on grass. 

Edited by Lancaster Lions, 27 July 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#9 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Thought we played some great rugby today and just a pitty we conceded silly tries early on in the game due to awful tackling, but thought we was well worthy of a bonus point,great effort though

Edited by mickburkes boots, 27 July 2014 - 09:47 PM.

#10 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Can't see how conceding 48 points for the third time in the past few weeks can be anything other than disappointing. Dewsbury, workington, doncaster, featherstone and now halifax all put significant points on the board requiring too much fight back.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#11 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Great effort from the lads once again but gave ourselves too much to do and came up short ! I must agree with you Mark as some of the language and  viewpoints from some of the travelling support was nothing short of disgusting. It was of course absolutely nothing to do with the game, just a rather bizarre desire for us to not exist anymore as a club. Sticking together was to be the way forward but i'm afraid they have short memories me thinks and the sizable minority should be embarrassed by their lack of good grace and class. This however was the mindless minority and not a generalization and I certainly do not hold you all in this bad light as indeed most of you had a great day out and shared good banter. Heads up Lions. Keep up the hard work and it will come - i'm sure of that.  Kind regards. RALPH.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users