TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Deadline tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

And the silence is deafening.

We are desperately short of bodies and IMO need to bring someone in to help the effort to stay up.

Anyone heard anything on the jungle drums? Or is it being left to the depleted ranks we have, half of whom are playing injured, to keep us up?

Not looking good and am slightly worried, another walloping on Sunday and low confidence could send us into freefall.

Edited by buford t justice, 24 July 2014 - 01:54 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

And the silence is deafening.

We are desperately short of bodies and IMO need to bring someone in to help the effort to stay up.

Anyone heard anything on the jungle drums? Or is it being left to the depleted ranks we have, half of whom are playing injured, to keep us up?

Not looking good and am slightly worried, another walloping on Sunday and low confidence could send us into freefall.

Don't worry, Buford. I'm sure that there'll soon be some news that will send you on a rocket ship to heaven!

Posted Image

#3 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

And the silence is deafening.We are desperately short of bodies and IMO need to bring someone in to help the effort to stay up.Anyone heard anything on the jungle drums? Or is it being left to the depleted ranks we have, half of whom are playing injured, to keep us up?Not looking good and am slightly worried, another walloping on Sunday and low confidence could send us into freefall.

To be honest if we are looking to get someone in l don't think we will hear until it happens after the previous attempts when it was revealed we were after someone and it fell through.
Past experience shows we will find out when it is completed. As for the jungle drums, well anything is possible.

#4 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Balloo said on Radio Leeds last night that there were two or three players returning from injury for the Giants this weekend so that might mean some DR's are available once more.

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

Balloo said on Radio Leeds last night that there were two or three players returning from injury for the Giants this weekend so that might mean some DR's are available once more.

Hope so Fred.

#6 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

in local rag JK does say there should be more than 17 players available for sunday so may be a hint that there are negotations for new players ongoing

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#7 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

I'm with distant dog as twice this season we've been close to signing players on loan or whatever & they've fallen through. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the surprise when we actually sign someone rather than the rumour with confirmation. A bit like Christmas presents & finding them hidden spoiled the suprise.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#8 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

Fair enough LD lets hope we get some prezzies to take to Owlerton and if not at least a improved performance from last week. The support for the team will be there i am sure a bonus point is the least for us lets hope to finally turn the tables on Sheffield and take all 3. that would be great in the battle to survive. See You all at the match.

#9 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

You do realise after tomorrow, the only DR players that can play for you (if they have a salary cap value of 20k or above) are ones who have already played 3 games 

#10 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

You do realise after tomorrow, the only DR players that can play for you (if they have a salary cap value of 20k or above) are ones who have already played 3 games

Never herd this before?

#11 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Dont think any of our DR players have a salary cap value of 20k 

#12 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

Never herd this before?

the dr thing is in the rfl requirements if you read them about transfers and stuff

#13 evertrinatonian

evertrinatonian
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

one very talented youngster from Dewsbury has signed on loan until end of the season having been unfairly left out of dewsbury team, could make his debut this week or next. if so i will be looking forward to watching Batley for the first time (well 2nd) as i was at the dewsbury v batley early on in the year.

i cant say anymore until this is announced officially :)

Hoping Bulldogs stay up and i'll be there now most weeks cheering them on.

#14 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

one very talented youngster from Dewsbury has signed on loan until end of the season having been unfairly left out of dewsbury team, could make his debut this week or next. if so i will be looking forward to watching Batley for the first time (well 2nd) as i was at the dewsbury v batley early on in the year.

Guess you must be a relative/friend of Jonathan Grayston then - I agree with you, he's been shabily treated after a couple of MOM performances.

#15 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

Jordan Grayston.. What is it with Glenn and fullbacks.. Craven sherriff and now Grayston .... Even billy slater would struggle to get the fullback shirt at the rams ;) Looks like pryceys fullback Sunday then :)

#16 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

B3:17

Dual Registered Players who have a Salary Cap Value of £20,000 or more i.e. those who receive a category A, B, C or D classification, must have played in at least three League or League Cup fixtures for the Championships club that season before the end of season registration deadline which applies in that Competition in order to play in games which fall after that deadline whether they be regular season or Play Off games.

Dual Registered Players who switch over to a Loan Agreement following the end of season registration deadline must have played in at least three games of the regular season in order to be eligible for the Play Offs. 

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

Guess you must be a relative/friend of Jonathan Grayston then - I agree with you, he's been shabily treated after a couple of MOM performances.

If this isn't a wind-up Grayston would struggle to get in Batley's team once the best fullback in the division returns from his broken thumb!

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#18 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

If this isn't a wind-up Grayston would struggle to get in Batley's team once the best fullback in the division returns from his broken thumb!

When did Karl Pryce break his thumb??

Was it when he was counting he's £20 notes too rigorously ;)

#19 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

Shaun Squires has signed from Sheffield then?

Good news if true.

#20 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

too little,and possibly far too late, :no: whos this reynolds speedster we supposed to have looked at, 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users