Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Premier Leauge Champions 2014?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Should of been a 7

Should of been a 7
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

Is it looking like another success for West's??

Do Siddal bounce back after a unpleasant exit last year??

Do Wath make it to the final for a 3rd successive season??

Will lock lane take the honours after only 2 seasons at the top??

Will Thatto be crowed champs??

Are any of the Wigan / Leigh teams good enough this year??

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Cant see past Wests personally, they have comprehensively beaten their direct competitors

#3 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Siddal, Wath Brow, West Hull & Thatto top four for me. Can't see Lock Lane being in the equation.

#4 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Cant see past Wests personally, they have comprehensively beaten their direct competitors

Wouldn't call 12-8 and 6-4 comprehensive.

#5 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Wests look strong and consistant apart from a blip at St Judes, and are a a superb well drilled side

Siddal whilst still top hav had a bad couple of results,fortunatley one in the cup,hope to achieve more consistency,no more red cards,deff be in top 2 !!!

Wath Brow will deffo be in the top 3,particulary impressive on the road...play good percentage rugby.

4th place between Lock  Lane and Thatto ,iv only seen the LAne down Siddal last 2 seasons in which they were beat by 50 n 40 points,but are very strong at home.

Thatto seem to blow hot and cold,so again need more consistency in there game

SO to sum it up the Siddal  v Wests game will be a pointer to who could get home advantage in the play offs.....and the final for me West Hull v siddal...Im, not predicting the oucome tho !!!!!

#6 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

I think West Hull got their highest points last week been winning games through good hard work not always pretty to watch but getting the results all but a few times don't think any team can afford to slip up the league is too close would like to see West Hull win the league could well go down to the wire back to back grand final win would be a great achievement

#7 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

The top 2  Siddal and West Hull, both getting comprehensively beaten at home, shows its the hardest division to predict in RL.

From an ordinary start, Leigh Miners have now won 8 out of the last 9 to claim a dark horses tag. 

With games to come against 4 teams above them, 3 at home,  their destiny is in their own hands.

#8 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

iv only seen the LAne down Siddal last 2 seasons in which they were beat by 50 n 40 points,but are very strong at home.

You must have been on the £1.50 a can pitchside, sid. It was only 8 points

#9 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

I stand corrected cutsyke,agreed must have been the pitchside Siddal special brew  !!!

#10 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

As I said nobody can afford to slip up with the league with teams been so close, then siddal and wests both get beaten looks good for the league another nail biting finale no doubt

#11 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Top win for the Miners written off by many but games and titles are won on grass not on glass .

Heard Darryl Kay is up for disciplinary at the club disturbed the Bingo with an half Monty not a pretty sight I believe OAPs traumatised .

#12 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Haha was in a bad state last night!

#13 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Darryl Kay stood out for me yesterday never stopped running and in that heat was tremendousl a credit to his fitness level must be one of a few props to play a full 80 minutes best team won no argument there

#14 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

Always had a big engine even as a kid, needs a big one now carrying all that timber lol .