TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

RL Express Cream of the Championship Crop

...youve got to laugh...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

Mattinson is the best hooker in this league ... Never mind about anyone else . And that's totally unbiased and no mistake . Cumbrian teams are off the radar for journo's

I voted Mattinson MOM jn the press box when you beat Fev at Derwent Park, but was outvoted by your home journo's in favour of Brett Phillips.Don't forget though that Andy Ellis went off half way through the first half with a head wound. I think we might have seen a different outcome if he had stayed on, because he has been truly outstanding this season, and Fev's most consistent player. You have a great side though, and Phil Vievers has got them tackling like demons, definitely a shoe in for a top 8 spot in my book, barring injuries of course.  .

#22 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

The guy can't have ever seen brett Phillips play :(

#23 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

This team selection takes the p**s. Shane Grady is the best centre in the championship but I would say that with been a Dews fan. Belivlie my guys he's quality though. I would have Thackeray at half back to he's won us so many vital games on us peon this season. Eg barrow away when he scored 5 try's and you lot at home with a last minute drop goal.

#24 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Mattinson is the best hooker in this league ... Never mind about anyone else . And that's totally unbiased and no mistake . Cumbrian teams are off the radar for journo's

Who?

#25 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

1 carr

2 calvert

3 harrison

4 jessie joe parker

5 miller

6 seymour

7 campbell

8 tahouri

9 mattinson

10 liam macavoy

11 b phillips

12 stack

13 olstrum

theres a team from them the cumbrian teams that would give that team a run for their money

#26 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

In your opinion ... I'd have Penky or Beswick anyday of the week.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#27 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

In your opinion ... I'd have Penky or Beswick anyday of the week.

It's only opinions BS, and a bit of fun. I'd have Haggerty over Goulden, but I've only seen Leigh twice this season. On the two times I've seen Mattinson he's been very good.......But I'd rather have Ellis because I've seen him in every game this season, and he's been 2nd placed Fev's most consistent player.

#28 Snowys Backside

Snowys Backside
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

Underestimate some players in the champioship at your peril !!

thats what i would be saying if I was the coach of London or Bradford !

There are some excellent players in our division and some players in some positions are down to peoples preference.

I went watching my team (Leigh) at Workington and thought Brett Phillips is an excellent prospect. The other 12 were more workmanlike than outstanding.

Mattison at Haven is a good player but has yet to test himself at a higher level. Shaun Lunt looked a good porospect (was he at Worky ??) and he proved himself.

Beswick and Penky at Leigh have played at a higher level and are 2 very different and dangerous players. Penky is in the form of his life at the moment and is really exciting to watch.

I honestly think that a 'true' dream team from the Championship would compete very well in SL. This bodes well for the future. What i would want is for these clubs to be fully compensated once 'stolen' by SL outfits.

#29 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

I just hope our Championship sides can decimate London and Bradford. I know it's a shame about Bradford coming down because of their rich RL history but s*** happens. It would be nice to see us beat them both home and away ha ha. Set the standard lol.

#30 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

why is it a shame for bradford. they're in a mess of their own making. why is jimmy lowes squealing like a stuck pig. he knew what the situation was before he took the job. shut up and get on with it same as everybody else has to.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#31 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,599 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

why is it a shame for bradford. they're in a mess of their own making. why is jimmy lowes squealing like a stuck pig. he knew what the situation was before he took the job. shut up and get on with it same as everybody else has to.

Quite. Ive never understood this. The Bulls have messed up and the lower league is the best for them to regroup.

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Mattinson at haven ? I nearly had a heart attack there !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users