If this clears it up...

http://therfl.co.uk/...ure-to-usher-in

http://www.rugbyleag.../2015_a_new_era

#2 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Think I just about understand it, might be making it up, but sure I have read somewhere that dual-reg will not be allowed in SL2/Championship next year, will only be allowed in Championship 1

#3 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

Think we need to start signing players up for next season before other clubs do.
We have a great squad let's not cocktail it up this time.
Offer the lads two contracts one for children and another for the championship.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

According to both RL papers we may well be adding to our squad for the rest of this season - clues on Dewsbury message board

#5 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

According to both RL papers we may well be adding to our squad for the rest of this season - clues on Dewsbury message board

Well that could one of a few players.Looks like they've let one or two half decent players go.Seems strange at this stage of the season.

Posted Image

#6 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:06 AM

Well that could one of a few players.Looks like they've let one or two half decent players go.Seems strange at this stage of the season.

Not really mate - only one topic (5 years etc) mentions '' He is expected to take up an opportunity with Championship 1 side York City Knights'' - will have to wait & see if its officially announced by us

Edited by shades2, 30 July 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#7 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Not really mate - only one topic (5 years etc) mentions '' He is expected to take up an opportunity with Championship 1 side York City Knights'' - will have to wait & see if its officially announced by us

Having now bought a copy of league express I see who we are talking about.On Rams message board says they have released Tonks,and 2 other players recently.So it could have been 1 out of 3 players.Thought the topic I was looking for would be somewhere near the top.As it was it was way down the list of topics.Anyway,Tonks would be a welcome adition to the squad.Looks like he lacks size but is a workhorse.

Posted Image

#8 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Tons it is.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

Having now bought a copy of league express I see who we are talking about.On Rams message board says they have released Tonks,and 2 other players recently.So it could have been 1 out of 3 players.Thought the topic I was looking for would be somewhere near the top.As it was it was way down the list of topics.Anyway,Tonks would be a welcome adition to the squad.Looks like he lacks size but is a workhorse.

Aye - busy message board is the Rams...

Seem to remember 2012 season when we got beat at Dewsbury Josh Tonks scored a try at the bottom end in the 2nd half, as said before not that big, but hits the ball like a train

Could well need Josh if Joe Pickets sticks to going to Oz before the season end

#10 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

Could well need Josh if Joe Pickets sticks to going to Oz before the season end

Hasn't the transfer window closed though so we can't sign players?

#11 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

Hasn't the transfer window closed though so we can't sign players?

Maybe not. Josh Tonks has signed as well as Zach Brehan from Hull.

#12 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

Press today - Fordy definitely finishing playing at the end of this season, want's to concentrate on the coaching side of the game.........interesting.....

#13 Barlby Knight 65

Barlby Knight 65
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Will have a great future as a coach will Fordy , probs another season as assistant to get a bit more experience as I think Gary is doing a great job at the min

#14 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

So,can someone enlighten us as to whats going on?We appear to have no players signed on for next season.As big ian has said,offer the players 2 contracts.One for promotion,one for if we stay where we are.Not rocket science.We have already lost Jack Lee and more will follow if the club dont act quickly.We have a cracking close knit set of players,who have done themselves proud whatever the final outcome this season.We need to get most of these players signed up.

Where exactly are we playing our home games next season?Supposed to be Bootham crescent isnt it?One or two things i am hearing that dont sit to well with me.Can anyone confirm anything?

Posted Image

#15 Barlby Knight 65

Barlby Knight 65
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

Yes Dave ! It's Saturday tomorrow , I can confirm that

#16 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

So,can someone enlighten us as to whats going on?We appear to have no players signed on for next season.As big ian has said,offer the players 2 contracts.One for promotion,one for if we stay where we are.Not rocket science.We have already lost Jack Lee and more will follow if the club dont act quickly.We have a cracking close knit set of players,who have done themselves proud whatever the final outcome this season.We need to get most of these players signed up.
Where exactly are we playing our home games next season?Supposed to be Bootham crescent isnt it?One or two things i am hearing that dont sit to well with me.Can anyone confirm anything?

City play Saturdays and we play Sundays so there won't be a problem surely with a ground share . Very very rare football play on a Sunday .

#17 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Player of season will be next one to go elsewhere if he doesn't get a new contract offer soon! Whatever level we play at next season we need players like him signed up.
C'mon JG get some statements out.
Posted Image

#18 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

See Tom Carr has signed for Donny for next season, all the travelling must have been too much for him.

#19 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

Thought Tom Carr was good when he first came but wouldn't swap him for Haynesy or Reynolds, both much better all round full backs.
Posted Image

#20 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

Been on holiday so still catching up - looks like Iain Morrison has signed for Swinton next season - strange move for him...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users