Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Next Season

New Structure

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

Good signing, glad to see him back, bags of pace and power. Understand that another new back line face will be with us too after putting pen to paper a few days back who's also quick and been through the SL system.
Things look good, what with the names in hearing that have resigned or are close to doing, it all looks very promising.
"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#42 Happy Punter

Happy Punter
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:29 PM

It's good to see that the first names for next season are experienced guys, that should inspire a few doubters that the season wont be doom and gloom. Nev Morrison is a welcome addition in my opinion. I'm feeling happy that we'll be a competitive outfit in this league and much prefer that to looking up the league table at the others , which could well have been the outcome of promotion. Think if the team spirirt is what we were led to believe then the majority of the team should stick together. I got the impression they were enjoying the game and playing for each other , hopefully that ethic will outweigh possible better financial offers. It is a sport and to be enjoyed by the players after all. Am keeping my fingers crossed that the hard work and team building of the past year isn't a waste. That said , as some leave it looks like new guys are coming in and I reckon our coaches know who will fit in and complement what they already have. Need to have a strong half back pairing so I'm looking forward to seeing who will guide us around the pitch. Am glad the squad is being released now , makes checking the forum each day that bit more exciting.  

#43 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

Seen the new season ticket offers - buying on October 26th looks a real bargain

Anybody know if the club are doing the Vice Presidents package next year when we move to BC?

#44 Mrs Shades

Mrs Shades
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

I spoke to the club yesterday there will be a VP package same price as last year (£350) but the details have not yet been finalised, but it will include a meal on match days.

I also belive the package to sponsor a player this year is £480 for anyone feeling generous enough to support the club in this way

#45 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

Looks like 2 more signings tomorrow & fixtures out this weekend

#46 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

Looks like 2 more signings tomorrow & fixtures out this weekend

Ben Dent & Adam Dent re-signed for next year - very good news - well done lads

#47 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

Start with Keighley then Oxford away. North Wales first up at home. Only play once Keighley & Oldham (both away) and Barrow & Rochdale (both home). http://www.yorkcityk...s/Article/36769

YCK

#48 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

See we play you guys on 31st may at home, it is the weekend of magic weekend at newcastle so i think our game will be played the friday night before the magic weekend, be a great weekend in the north east cant wait.

#49 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

what is it with the RFL. a 12 team league 1 and still no automatic promotion. i still don't see how a team that finishes top of the league after playing everyone home and away, should have to play off against anyone.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#50 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

The bunch of idiots that run this great game of ours, never cease to amaze me. What could be more simple than every team playing each other home and away and the winners promoted!
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#51 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

The bunch of idiots that run this great game of ours, never cease to amaze me. What could be more simple than every team playing each other home and away and the winners promoted!

At least no Canadian teams have applied to join our league in 2016.

Oh.

YCK

#52 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

See we play you guys on 31st may at home, it is the weekend of magic weekend at newcastle so i think our game will be played the friday night before the magic weekend, be a great weekend in the north east cant wait.

Looks like it's already been moved.

#53 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:04 AM

Gutted no Barrow away - will have to come up with alternative Lake District visit