Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

27/7/14 - The Kingstone Press Championship 1 Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press Championship 1 games here.

SUNDAY 27th JULY

Gateshead Thunder v Oxford KO 3pm
Oldham v Hunslet Hawks KO 3pm
South Wales Scorpions v London Skolars KO 3pm
(at Cardiff Arms Park)

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Pricey

Pricey
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Good luck to the Scorpions this weekend. Have seen them away at Oldham and been down to a couple of home games this season and been made very welcome by them. Can't manage this Sunday but hopefully will do another before season's end. Hope they can get the bigger crowd that the Cardiff Arms Park experiment is hoping for Sunday...and get a second win of the season. I know it sounds like a cliche but at both the home games I've seen the performance has been better than the score so I wouldn't rule out that second win.

Oldham v Hunslet ought to be a good game if both play to their capablities and although I don't foresee a hammering I'd think Gateshead will get a home win against Oxford.

#3 EssexRL

EssexRL
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

Am off to Cardiff Sunday so hoping for Skolars win and think they will.

Oldham to bounce back.

Gateshead to win and move closer to consolidating play off place,

......... But then every week I get it wrong so who knows!
London Skolars

#4 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Like you EssexRL I have that knack of getting it wrong but I have to agree with you

I have Kleptomania and when it gets bad I take something for it :tongue: .

#5 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

Good luck to the Scorpions this weekend. Have seen them away at Oldham and been down to a couple of home games this season and been made very welcome by them. Can't manage this Sunday but hopefully will do another before season's end. Hope they can get the bigger crowd that the Cardiff Arms Park experiment is hoping for Sunday...and get a second win of the season. I know it sounds like a cliche but at both the home games I've seen the performance has been better than the score so I wouldn't rule out that second win.

Oldham v Hunslet ought to be a good game if both play to their capablities and although I don't foresee a hammering I'd think Gateshead will get a home win against Oxford.

Heard exactly they about their performances, scoreline doesn't reflect the game. Maybe just lacking a few experienced players to get them over the finishing line?

#6 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Every game now is huge for us in our push for the playoffs, good ridance to rooney we now have players who want to play for us...come on thunder lets get the win and move into the top 5! Onwards and upwards! Boom boom thunder army!!

#7 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

We'll done the Hunslet fans walking to Oldham this weekend sponsored for two good causes 32 miles yesterday not many to do today. No doubt some beer involved today see you at the game

#8 Pricey

Pricey
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Some superb finishes today with late scores nicking a 19-18 for Scorps and a 24-23 for Oldham. Well done Scorpions anyway!

#9 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

Get in there 48-28 win against oxford! In play off spot now lets stay there! Onwards and upwards! Boom boom thunder army!!

#10 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Excellent day out at Cardiff. Really good and atmospheric stadium. Interesting to see an artificial pitch for first time live.

Everything was very well organised except for the bloke who should sprayed the Skolars' players hands as they ran out. Ridiculous amount of dropped ball and didn't deserve to win just because of that

#11 EssexRL

EssexRL
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Excellent day out at Cardiff. Really good and atmospheric stadium. Interesting to see an artificial pitch for first time live.

Everything was very well organised except for the bloke who should sprayed the Skolars' players hands as they ran out. Ridiculous amount of dropped ball and didn't deserve to win just because of that

Agree including about Skolars! At start of second half I thought they might pull away but then it was mostly Scorps and TBH the score line flattered Skolars a little. My non RL friend asked me whether they were meant to drop the ball that often!

Nice atmosphere - there seemed more people there than the official numbers. First Skolars away game for me - noticed a few London fans, which was nice although don't people stand together!

Was odd watching 'dust' coming out of the pitch.

London Skolars

#12 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

Agree including about Skolars! At start of second half I thought they might pull away but then it was mostly Scorps and TBH the score line flattered Skolars a little. My non RL friend asked me whether they were meant to drop the ball that often!

Nice atmosphere - there seemed more people there than the official numbers. First Skolars away game for me - noticed a few London fans, which was nice although don't people stand together!

Was odd watching 'dust' coming out of the pitch.

Had a friend who attended, said was a good game and fantastic to scene the scenes when Scorpions won and good to see how enthusiastic Scorpions coach was. Said London were a very big side and tough to stop down the middle

#13 EssexRL

EssexRL
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

Had a friend who attended, said was a good game and fantastic to scene the scenes when Scorpions won and good to see how enthusiastic Scorpions coach was. Said London were a very big side and tough to stop down the middle

Fair point although Scorps were very well organised and made far fewer errors. My friend enjoyed it too. Would probably go again if they played in Cardiff.

London Skolars

#14 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Surely Cardiff has to be the venue for the Scorpions, based on the attendance and that's for a team adrift at bottom of the league

#15 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

One off maybe. Can't see them being able to afford the Arms Park all year.

Thought the attendance figure a bit odd to, but guess they didn't count the four teams and their entourages who had played earlier. I thought it was more like 700 watching.

The plumes of dust from the pitch was bizarre.

#16 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

One off maybe. Can't see them being able to afford the Arms Park all year.

Thought the attendance figure a bit odd to, but guess they didn't count the four teams and their entourages who had played earlier. I thought it was more like 700 watching.

The plumes of dust from the pitch was bizarre.

What did you think of game? South Wales good or London poor?

#17 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

South Wales played better overall as a team. Think Skolars' forwards had it over their counterparts, but behind the scrum were woeful. Just lost too much ball.

Impossible for a rugby league game which finishes 19-18 not to be enthralling.

#18 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

First Skolars away game for me - noticed a few London fans, which was nice although don't people stand together!

We're doing the trips from Essex to Gloucester and York so look us out if you happen to be at either of them

Edited by Jeff Stein, 28 July 2014 - 09:09 PM.

#19 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

Am off to Cardiff Sunday so hoping for Skolars win and think they will.

Oldham to bounce back.

Gateshead to win and move closer to consolidating play off place,

......... But then every week I get it wrong so who knows!

Nearly a full house :)

#20 EssexRL

EssexRL
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Nearly a full house :)

Law of averages meant one week I would nearly get it right but yes Skolars let me down (again!)
London Skolars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users