Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

26/07/14 - London Broncos v Hull KR KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. London Broncos (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Hull KR (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Discuss London Broncos v Hull KR here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Rovers by 40+

#3 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

Might be a bit close than that - HKR by 18.

#4 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Reckon the Chronicler is nearer the mark here.
It depends what Rovers side turns up for mine.

#5 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

It could depend on which Greg Eden turns up.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Rovers mullering London 4-46.

Steve Reed might even turn up.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

Er, oops :sorry:

#8 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Cas next for London

#9 Southern Reiver

Southern Reiver
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

Hull KR we're not great. A good team, sorry a team could have taken them apart today, they are or looked a tad limited today. Mind you they hardly had to put their brains in gear which probably explains it.

#10 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Er, oops :sorry:

Indeed yes.

Oh well "win some,lose some"

Or more like "Lose them all"

#11 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hull KR we're not great. A good team, sorry a team could have taken them apart today, they are or looked a tad limited today. Mind you they hardly had to put their brains in gear which probably explains it.

Tend to agree with this but its just aswell they didnt play out of their skins. Had they not blown a few more good oportunities they could have pushed

up towards 80 as it was. Just when you think you have got the worst of it out of the way we somehow seem to be able to find an even more dire performance. 

You could certainly see who is staying and who is`nt on yesterdays showing. 

A couple of crumbs of comfort in the form of Wicks and Thomas`s effort on the day. Joe G quite rightly picked up on this in his post match press conference.

Thought Wallace did ok whilst on with a couple of decent offloads and some hard running.

Good to see Tony R at the ground yesterday. The worst of the performances have not been under his stewardship this term.

Still the owner has nearly got a "full house" for the season. 

all be it not of  the kind he would have hoped for,needless to say. 

Edited by Spicer, 27 July 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#12 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Next year will not be much better for London fans. Hughes has recruited badly again and in a key area....as such, I believe 4th in the division and 8th in the middle 8 is the best they can expect.

#13 Magic XIII

Magic XIII
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

Next year will not be much better for London fans. Hughes has recruited badly again and in a key area....as such, I believe 4th in the division and 8th in the middle 8 is the best they can expect.

What bad recruitment?

#14 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

What bad recruitment?

Coach who is surrounding himself with mates. The latest is a retiree who spent his last 2 senior seasons getting hammered at cronulla and has been a miner for 2 years

#15 Magic XIII

Magic XIII
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Coach who is surrounding himself with mates. The latest is a retiree who spent his last 2 senior seasons getting hammered at cronulla and has been a miner for 2 years

A coach who was due to be assistant until then end of the season, but then had to step up, inheriting a shambles of a team and players who neither believe in any sort of club culture or want to be part of a losing team. I am sure you will agree, it was always going to be a tough gig.

The coach has now taken the initiative and made ruthless employment decsions. He understands what sort of people he needs to compete in the Championship and if that happens to be players he has previously coached or is familiar with then so be it. It’s on his head next year, plain and simple.

To run him down at this early stage shows an embarrassing naivety on your behalf.

#16 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Bring back Powell!

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#17 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

A coach who was due to be assistant until then end of the season, but then had to step up, inheriting a shambles of a team and players who neither believe in any sort of club culture or want to be part of a losing team. I am sure you will agree, it was always going to be a tough gig.

The coach has now taken the initiative and made ruthless employment decsions. He understands what sort of people he needs to compete in the Championship and if that happens to be players he has previously coached or is familiar with then so be it. It’s on his head next year, plain and simple.

To run him down at this early stage shows an embarrassing naivety on your behalf.

I have little faith in any employee taken on by Hughes but am happy......nay flipping delighted to be proven wrong when it comes to grima, although why my stance needs to be slagged off as naive I am unsure? The latest Spanish Aussie signed banished from cronulla a first team after 2011 and then retired a year later. He has plies his trade as a miner of late and whilst that might twang some traditional heart string, to me it's a major concern.
As for my naivity......I have yet to be wrong about Hughes, his decision
Making or the performance of his employees.......and I don't believe I am now

#18 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Bring back Powell!

Ive long since been done with Mr Hughes and am willing to give Mr Grima the benefit of the doubt,but this would be one step too far.  

#19 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Ive long since been done with Mr Hughes and am willing to give Mr Grima the benefit of the doubt,but this would be one step too far.  

Powell and MacKay.......AKA Dumb and Dumber  :jester:

#20 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Eden made it up to the supporters after pizzing about in a nightclub t'other week. More of the same on Sunday, please....