TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

27/07/14 - Bradford Bulls v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Wigan Warriors (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Didn't see that coming!

Thats what Kearney said

#22 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Wigan were poorly served by their halfbacks and didn't do anywhere near enough to bring Charnley into the game for a one-on-one attack..

We got some confidence in our ability to defend and played like we should have all season. We coped with a blustery wind better than they did.

Fair play to the ref, he was incompetent for both teams.

One interesting point; Lee Gaskell was calling the plays at least as often as Luke Gale.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#23 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

Just got back from holiday and thought my phone was broken when I checked the result. Should have known one of our best performances of the year would happen when I was away - usually does! No need to thank me everyone.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#24 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Make no mistake, Wigan were awful, as pants as I've ever seen them. But Bradford played like it was a Cup final or a play off game. The lads were pretty solid but it took me until the 78th minute to allow myself to think we were going to win, however terrible Wigan were I kept thinking they had enough to at least sneak a wholly undeserved victory. It's certainly up there with the few victories as highlight of the season, and while Charnley bombed a chance to score in the corner there were 3 near as dammit clear cut chances for Bradford to score too - including what is without doubt the tackle of the season by Charnley on Gaskell, I hope that makes a highlight vid somewhere. I didn't get that same buzz today I did when we fluked a win against Wire but it was refreshing to see a genuinely hardworking and true character building win. The cynic in me says a lot of players must have inked new SL deals elsewhere and were putting on a show *cough* Manase Manuokafoa...

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Oh and Hicks did his best to get Wigan back in the game! :angry:

(No report is complete without a dig at the ref)

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

Talk about playing for pride. Fantastic result.

#27 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

well done bulls a great win hope manase played well for you 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#28 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Great win for the Bulls, despite my pessimism. Just shows you can never tell and RL is full of surprises. Attitude spot on from the Bulls but I wouldfn't want to be facing Waney if I were a Wigan player....I guess we'll be repainting the away changing room.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users