Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

27/07/14 - Huddersfield Giants v Catalan Dragons KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (3 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Catalan Dragons (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Discuss Huddersfield Giants v Catalan Dragons here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

Giants to finally get some cohesive form this season and play like the contenders they really are

#3 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hudd by 6.

#4 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

Giants to finally get some cohesive form this season and play like the contenders they really are

Nice thought, but unlikely IMO, If Lunt is back that would improve matters somewhat, afraid my confidence is about on the same level as their enthusiasm, would be nice to be wrong.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#5 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Yeah it's more hope than belief

The players show in patches they can be as good as anyone
Just not at the same time as each other

#6 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Huddersfield Giants’ 19 man squad is as follows in numerical order:

1. Scott Grix
2. Jermaine McGillvary
3. Leroy Cudjoe
4. Joe Wardle
6. Danny Brough
7. Luke Robinson
8. Eorl Crabtree
10. Craig Kopczak
11. Brett Ferres
13. Chris Bailey
14. Michael Lawrence
15. Larne Patrick
17. Ukuma Ta’ai
18. Kyle Wood
19. Jodie Broughton
20. Antonio Kaufusi
21. Anthony Mullally
27. Jake Connor
28. Kruise Leeming

Still no Shaun Lunt, although it was announced he was being considered for Sunday's game. Scott Grix is back in the squad, so Jake Connor is likely to be left out if Scott really is fit to start. I guess that Chris Bailey will take on some of the hooking duties again and Kruise Leeming will not be in the match day 17.

#7 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Bailey has done well wherever he has played, but he has said he is not happy at Hooker. Wood has been no great shakes lately, " few have " I would give Leeming a chance, he can hardly spoil anything. Aderson talks on and on about people having to front up, having to fight for places, know what we have to do, all that stuff, Meanwhile he makes no changes other than forced by injury.

I don't know what the problems are, and i turn up each game hoping for a different attitude, Anderson claiming all the time to know what they are , and yet chainging nothing seems a poor do to me.  The team listed above  has the class to beat Catalan convincingly at home, Will it happen ? we live in hope but there will need to be a big change in their approach especially in the pack, who look a sorry lot without Lunt to gee them up.

If it goes to the usual style, Catalan will have 20 points on the board before the Giants realize the game has started, still onward and upward " hopefully ".

#8 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

That's what you get when you put Bosc aside : a beating.

Pryce and Williams are out of shape and Escaré is ###### in England. 

#9 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Well the Giants played like they meant it from minute one today and what a bloody difference it makes

Catalans were dangerous and we had to defend well all game but their whole Giants team stuck to game plan

Well done Kruise Leeming playing a lot more minutes than intended after Kyle Wood went off with an injury, totally didn't look out of place or out of depth

How Joe Wardle isn't in the England train on squad I don't know...

#10 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

Bosc wouldn't have saved 38 points being scored against them!

#11 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Well the Giants played like they meant it from minute one today and what a bloody difference it makes

Catalans were dangerous and we had to defend well all game but their whole Giants team stuck to game plan

Well done Kruise Leeming playing a lot more minutes than intended after Kyle Wood went off with an injury, totally didn't look out of place or out of depth

How Joe Wardle isn't in the England train on squad I don't know...

Good to hear," last minute family business stopped me from going unfortunately" Glad Leeming went well, and Murphy must have made a difference, Maybe we are turning a corner. I am not slow to critisize them when they are bad, so well done to them today, shame i missed it.

#12 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Certainly movement in the right direction

Next weeks game v Wakey is going to be interesting :O

#13 meast

meast
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

finally we come up with a pretty good performance!

defensively we were miles better than we have been, even allowing for pelissier to score the customary try on our line,we put some big hits in and rattled their forwards, their halves ( pryce especially) didn't want to know after half an hour, and save for our usual lack of composure and errors at times could have been a bigger scoreline.

catalan were good in spells an poor in others but in truth they were well beaten, let's hope we can at last kick on now and build some momentum!

and i have said before about wardle, if he played in cherry and white or blue and amber he would be a certainty for an England spot ( presuming he won't stick with Scotland), at the moment possibly the best centre in super league!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users