TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sky RL theme music

Mon the Biff

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

I just heard the tune 'That Golden Rule' by Biffy Clyro on the radio. Turns out that this is the source of the music Sky use for their RL coverage. Who knew?

(well, I just checked Wikipedia, and it was mentioned there, but anyway)

Thanks, move along now.

#2 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

That was used last year wasn't it? Unless that was another Biffy song, I'm sure the music is different this year.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#3 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

That sounds very weird used in a song.

Especially the way the SL theme music just seems to be stuck on the end of the song!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#4 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

Someone just wanted at least a bit of biff(y) in the SL... I'll get my coat...

#5 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

That was used last year wasn't it? Unless that was another Biffy song, I'm sure the music is different this year.

Maybe you're right - I don't have Sky!

#6 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

That sounds very weird used in a song.

Especially the way the SL theme music just seems to be stuck on the end of the song!

Yes very wierd hearing it like that. The opening to SL with this music never really got me excited but hearing it again it's not that bad. Maybe it's them ruddy robot things that don't do it for me?
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users