TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

Can we go there and finally end the hoodoo?

Or are we going to be cannon fodder again?

Hoping for a much improved display but cant see us getting a win - a BP would do.

Thought?

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Sooner or later  our shocking run of defeats against Sheffield will come to an end remember Saints had a similer run against Warrington. The players must believe and this Sunday is as good a time as any to start. Still hoping for 1 or two additions to bolster our run in. A centre and more power up front would do nicely thanks The next 6 games are vital for the future of our team. see you Sunday Buford at the Woodman for another game day experiance on " The Coma Bus and beyond " and a win at Owlerton to boost our survival hopes.

#3 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

i'm going to stick my head above the parapet and say a narrow win to the dogs to break the sheff hoodoo 24-20 , whitehaven used to hold the same hoodoo over us and we broke that a few years back so owt can appen

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yep, I'm not looking forward to visting the stadium, but I am confident of all three points! 28 - 10 to the Dawgs

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

well if players can get themselves up for this one then so should the fans,, :bb:  i know we have a couple a players with knocks and bangs but if we can cut out some a the silly offloads that go to ground. then we might be in with a chance, throw ball out wide rather than that rubbish dink over on last straight to their man, baffle them a bit and try something different like a cut out like we have done and scored.sheffield have some real talant but if  we can compete and take a narrow win it would really build the confidence to give leigh a bashing at home, i would love it...lol. :aggressive: so its heart thinking dogs 22 gulls 14,, but head thinking gulls 38 dogs 12.

Edited by silverback, 25 July 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Well, it's said that there's a first time for everything.

Me - I'm not so sure but I'm looking forward to playing stand off - or should that be five eighth - for Australia, anyway.

Seriously - now's your chance.  We've not done great at home.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

This isn't the Sheffield team of previous years . I've seen them a couple of times and they were underwhelming . The ground move hasn't helped either . I don't think they're a confident outfit

#8 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

I'll go with a win 23-16 to us!

#9 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Yet another defeat to our nemesis rumour has it the rugby league have let them already put

the 3points on.They will just raise their game game like they always do against us and game over.

#10 BIG EAGLE

BIG EAGLE
  • Coach
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Think this may be the best chance you will have of winning, as Owlerton isn't a happy place for the Eagles but I will still stay faithful and go for an Eagles win. On a more social side for those fancying a reyt good breakfast or burger challenge along with some really good BEER/LAGER/ALE visit the New Barrack Tavern on penistone road only 5 minutes walk from Owlerton. Plenty of parking on the side street next to it and even room for a coach. Hope to see you there.

Posted Image

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Yep, I'm not looking forward to visting the stadium, but I am confident of all three points! 28 - 10 to the Dawgs

Right on both counts! A great performance from all the team and a ###### of a place to watch RL

#12 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Right on both counts! A great performance from all the team and a ###### of a place to watch RL

Was you playing at home?  :tease:

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Great result from your lot today - really put the cat among the pigeons too!

What an exciting league eh?

SL - paaah!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

i thought you said youd to keep away from the Batley forum........man up and go.....FFS

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

I always enjoy your comments Eddie, I can tell they put an immense amount of strain on your intellect. Nice of you to add a selfie at the end too.

#16 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Went to the game today having some intrest in jordan grayston who's just signed for the bulldogs and with piggies mates warning he'd be lucky to get a game if miles greenwood was fit see what you mean piggy old lad he's pure class, brave ,positional perfect ,always looking to support an alround good fullback, only thing in Jordan's favour is he's 5 or 6 years younger and id think a shade fasteri but he'll after bide his time watch a master and hope a place comes up somewhere mk

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

He'll get a chance Reg we have a happy history of giving our players a leg up the ladder not stamping on their hands so their mates can hang-on ;)

#18 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Great result from your lot today - really put the cat among the pigeons too!

What an exciting league eh?

SL - paaah!

Couldn't agree more. We would have been in real trouble if we hadn't have won today. Even with a win, it is still too close to call!

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

This league is where it's at . After next week there could easy be a couple of points between about six teams !! I still think five down is to brutal, but it's certainly fascinating - premier sports should be rueing spitting the dummy

#20 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

he will get his chance next season as greenwood had signed for fev

Yawn.....I see it's started again.

If the acquisition of Jamie Rooney is anything to go by, I'd consider lowering your transfer market expectations for the close season.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users