Sheffield on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

i thought you said youd to keep away from the Batley forum........man up and go.....FFS

That was probably last season. Sorry I'm here to stay!

#22 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

I always enjoy your comments Eddie, I can tell they put an immense amount of strain on your intellect. Nice of you to add a selfie at the end too.

Coolie taught me everything I know. 

#23 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

he will get his chance next season as greenwood had signed for fev

And I suppose this comes from a "reliable source"?

Deary me today. Silly season has started early.

#24 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

That was probably last season. Sorry I'm here to stay!

Until Dewsbury start losing again, Rombo. You normally go VERY quiet then. And let's face it, that has happened a lot of times.

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

Until Dewsbury start losing again, Rombo. You normally go VERY quiet then. And let's face it, that has happened a lot of times.

Not as quiet as your fans were when we last played you. Mind you in saying that, most of your 'fans' walked out with 15 minutes to play!

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Not as quiet as your fans were when we last played you. Mind you in saying that, most of your 'fans' walked out with 15 minutes to play!

Most of your walked out about 5 years ago

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

Yawn.....I see it's started again.

If the acquisition of Jamie Rooney is anything to go by, I'd consider lowering your transfer market expectations for the close season.

I've heard they've got just enough change to get Danny Maun back next season

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#28 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

well at least we turn up, your your fans are so petty minded you miss a classic game a rugby just so you dont put coffers in the mounts funds,sad really but at least we put a decent game above any petty cobblers.to be honest if we said its free to dews fans there woul still only be maybe 100 at our place/ :hi:

#29 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

Ahhh, pointless 'My Dad's bigger than your Dad twaddle' - and from grown men at that. The best way to derail any forum thread. The level of debate and discussion on here had actually been pretty decent, too.

I notice that this regression has coincided with the return of one or two familiar blasts from the past.

Posted Image

#30 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

well at least we turn up, your your fans are so petty minded you miss a classic game a rugby just so you dont put coffers in the mounts funds,sad really but at least we put a decent game above any petty cobblers.to be honest if we said its free to dews fans there woul still only be maybe 100 at our place/ :hi:

I will come and pay the full amount as you will need all the money you can get when you get relegated!

#31 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

We have someone on our board that does that , very very quiet when Batley lose. Unheard of for months after the last derby.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#32 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

This league is where it's at . After next week there could easy be a couple of points between about six teams !! I still think five down is too brutal .......

Eh dear, if only we hadn't gone for four up none down not all that long ago.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#33 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

How did Ben Heaton go? Looks like its a loan for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move.

#34 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

How did Ben Heaton go? Looks like its a loan for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move.

Looked good (See match report on Bulldogs website). Scored a try with some excellent support play

#35 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Got to praise the lads for yesterdays game it was a top performance and everybody gave their all,i just

love it when they prove me wrong that's whats kept me going for nigh on 50 years.2 more wins and a couple 

of bonus points will see us safe.So once again well done to coaching staff and players.

#36 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

The only fly in the ointment was seeing Ben Black limp off.  Any news?

#37 yearofthedog

yearofthedog
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Ben black seen at oakwell hall today teaching the kids, hobbling about and crutches but didn't seem in too much discomfort!!

#38 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

Terrific performance from the team yesterday. The hoodoo has gone as i said nothing lasts forever. The support at Owlerton was good too very vociferous and got behind the lads when Sheffield threatened a comeback. Nice debut try from Heaton and big games from Greenwood, Fairbank, Leatherbarrow, and Rettie in fact no one had a bad game. Hope Black recovers from that bad tackle i thaught it looked a cheap shot and if so, hope Batley cite the player concerned. Shame about the ground very shabby and poor for viewing. On to next week and from now, on the positive side every game is winnable. i think 7 more points should do it. Well done again Bulldogs lets do it again Sunday.

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Points difference could yet play a part

#40 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Ben black seen at oakwell hall today teaching the kids, hobbling about and crutches but didn't seem in too much discomfort!!

Thanks for the reply.  The question now is how long he's likely to be out and what are our other options. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users