TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Rams release Grayston

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Click here for the latest news from Dewsbury Rams.

#2 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Another young player gone & not given a fair crack,good luck lad!!

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Not just released but gone to Batley!

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

That is a pathetic explanation from Glenn Morisson.

How is this in the best interests of the club? We seem to have nothing but smokescreens when it comes to players leaving and are getting close to the WJ era of "my way or highway".

I shall be seriously considering whether to continue my membership of Squadbuilder if this is the standard of revelation that we can expect.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

First Robinson and now Grayston, who's next? Farrell, Beckett, Wright, Sherrif?

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Tonks actually!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

All this talk on the forum about Jowitt and then we go and do something very "Warrenesque" in getting rid of decent players.

Wonder if we'll ever know the reason for Grayston being dropped after some decent performances.

#8 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yet GM picked him to play against Fev even though he had food poisoning in the same week! 

#9 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

That is a pathetic explanation from Glenn Morisson.

How is this in the best interests of the club? We seem to have nothing but smokescreens when it comes to players leaving and are getting close to the WJ era of "my way or highway".

I shall be seriously considering whether to continue my membership of Squadbuilder if this is the standard of revelation that we can expect.

What smokescreens? Every release has been communicated to the fans with quotes from the head coach.

Glenn's once again made a decision that is in the best interests of the player.

Having watched him train three times a week since the start of the season, he has decided that there are better options at the club than Jordan Grayston.

Glenn could have kept Jordan at the club and not picked him for the rest of the season, but instead he's allowed him to play rugby and put himself in the shop window.

I know it's a controversial idea, but why not trust our coach's judgement?

He's brought some fantastic players to the club and, injuries aside, has named a settled squad week-on-week, which we've been craving for years.

He'a also on course to guide us to a fifth-placed finish - higher than we've been in 14 years.

I'm happy to back a coach who is attracting great players, promoting exciting play and delivering results.

But feel free to carry on moaning...

Edited by Tom Coates, 25 July 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#10 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

I am really disappointed that the club has chosen to release someone whom we, the supporters, believe to be a player for the future. Like BSJ, my contribution to the Squadbuilder fund will now be re-considered.
We all think there was something hidden beneath the surface for him not to be selected; will we ever be told the truth? This reminds me of the situation one or two years ago (!) with Darren Rogers' departure.

Now Tonks has gone too, a player who gave his all when he played. Good luck to both lads and watch for them biting back.

I do wish the club should be more forthcoming and just tell us the truth instead of couching the decisions with politician type statements. Obviously we are not to be trusted!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#11 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I agree Tom. This as every sport is a game of opinions and never will everyone agree.

Need to trust a coach to do the best for the club and sometimes this will effect fans favourites.

Good luck to the lad, other than when he plays against us!!
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#12 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

I am really disappointed that the club has chosen to release someone whom we, the supporters, believe to be a player for the future. Like BSJ, my contribution to the Squadbuilder fund will now be re-considered.
We all think there was something hidden beneath the surface for him not to be selected; will we ever be told the truth? This reminds me of the situation one or two years ago (!) with Darren Rogers' departure.

Now Tonks has gone too, a player who gave his all when he played. Good luck to both lads and watch for them biting back.

I do wish the club should be more forthcoming and just tell us the truth instead of couching the decisions with politician type statements. Obviously we are not to be trusted!

Why do some fans assume that a departure must mean there's been a fall-out?

...and what "truth"?  :tongue: 

Glenn's decided that Jordan and Josh are not part of his plans and has released them so they can play rugby again and put themselves in the shop window.

I know some of you love a good scandal though...

Oh and Darren left on good terms. Just another example of fans assuming there'd been some massive spat where there wasn't one.

Edited by Tom Coates, 25 July 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#13 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

What smokescreens? Every release has been communicated to the fans with quotes from the head coach.

Having watched him train three times a week since the start of the season, he has decided that there are better options at the club than Jordan Grayston.

Glenn could have kept Jordan at the club and not picked him for the rest of the season, but instead he's allowed him to play rugby and put himself in the shop window.

He's brought some fantastic players to the club and, injuries aside, has named a settled squad week-on-week, which we've been craving for years.

He'a also on course to guide us to a fifth-placed finish - higher than we've been in 14 years.

I'm happy to back a coach who is attracting great players, promoting exciting play and delivering results.

Oh dear Tom, I reckon the aliens have entered your body too!

Better players for that position? Louis Sherriff?

Kept him and not selected him? Could have played him and allowed him to develop.

Settled side? Means changes each week.

Promoting exciting play? You didn't see last Sunday' s entertainment (and that's not the only time).

Fifth placed spot? Could even be relegated yet - especially with our goody-turvy performances.

No Tom, WE Are not wrong; this time it's the coach and if you think different, get him to tell us the 'technical' reasons for his decision.

Grrrr.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#14 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

I have always loved the overflowing of positivity on this forum. Even when times are fantastic there is much to moan about. Bet if we pull out the forum posts from the Neil Kelly trophy winning season there will be much moaning.

Some on here are saying stupid decisions to let players go and we could still be relegated, then on the other hand complaining when we keep hold of Wood. Lets keep the players that can do the best job for us, the ones that can keep us in this division. We cannot afford to be relegated, so let's secure our place in this division firstly.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#15 steampig

steampig
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

I agree Tom, let the coach pick the team.
There are too many people on here who think they know more a a guy who as played top level rugby league both here and Australia and coached a successful academy team.

#16 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Maybe the new fullback who glens after or signed is the reason Jordan's been released? Tough season next year! No offence but glen isn't stupid! He as improved us in his first 2 seasons from taking over warren jowitt..

Edited by christheram, 25 July 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#17 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Maybe the new fullback who glens after or signed is the reason Jordan's been released? Tough season next year! No offence but glen isn't stupid! He as improved us in his first 2 seasons from taking over warren jowitt..

Surely Glenn got more money than what Jowitt had!

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

I have always loved the overflowing of positivity on this forum. Even when times are fantastic there is much to moan about. Bet if we pull out the forum posts from the Neil Kelly trophy winning season there will be much moaning.

Some on here are saying stupid decisions to let players go and we could still be relegated, then on the other hand complaining when we keep hold of Wood. Lets keep the players that can do the best job for us, the ones that can keep us in this division. We cannot afford to be relegated, so let's secure our place in this division firstly.

Then you clearly don't or won't understand NR.

The official release from the club (prior to Tom's personal input) said that the player had been released in both his and the club's best interests. This is a bland political statement at best and disingenuous at worst. Just how is this in the club's best interests when we have heard no explanations for weeks as to why he has been excluded from the squad after showing great promise.

The fans liked Grayston a lot and were asking regularly on tyhis forum for him to be given a chance. the response - silence! this is not the first time that this has happened but we hoped such PR was behind us - clearly not.

Then you have the effrontery to accuse (very) long-standing supporters of moaning and, by implication failing to support the club and team. You futher justify this by mocking our comments regarding the retention of a player on DR. You do undertsnad how DR works I hope, and who the real beneficiaries will be?

Yes, we have been relatively successful so far this season, but woefully inconsistent. That, of course is entirely the fault of the players and no-one else.

I have a reasonably long memory and can remind you of when we have all heard that before, in case you have forgotten.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 25 July 2014 - 06:25 PM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

There may be some on here who love a good moan , they have good reason to this time. I'm struggling to see why he was let go. The games he played he looked the real deal. Certainly the best full back at the club. When fans see players of his quality go and then sign for Batley questions will be asked and in my opinion rightly. Tonks and Robinson leaving -meh , squad players. JG wasn't that.

Edited by Ramite, 25 July 2014 - 05:18 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#20 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

I agree Tom, let the coach pick the team.
There are too many people on here who think they know more a a guy who as played top level rugby league both here and Australia and coached a successful academy team.

Not all great players make great coaches!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users