TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Rams release Grayston

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

It could be worse! We could be fev fans mocking the re signing of Jamie Rooney!!

#22 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Then you clearly don't or won't understand NR.

The official release from the club (prior to Tom's personal input) said that the player had been released in both his and the club's best interests. This is a bland political statement at best and disingenuous at worst. Just how is this in the club's best interests when we have heard no explanations for weeks as to why he has been excluded from the squad after showing great promise.

The fans liked Grayston a lot and were asking regularly on tyhis forum for him to be given a chance. the response - silence! this is not the first time that this has happened but we hoped such PR was behind us - clearly not.

Then you have the affrontery to accuse (very) long-standing supporters of moaning and, by implication failing to support the club and team. You futher justify this by mocking our comments regarding the retention of a player on DR. You do undertsnad how DR works I hope, and who the real beneficiaries will be?

Yes, we have been relatively successful so far this season, but woefully inconsistent. That, of course is entirely the fault of the players and no-one else.

I have a reasonably long memory and can remind you of when we have all heard that before, in case you have forgotte

Wasn't mocking anybody. Just stating what people have said.

I do understand how DR works, I do understand certain things, and I am just saying we need to make sure of staying in the league as it would be dire if we didn't.

I understand you are a long time supporter and are welcome to your views. But, I have been watching the club for 20 years, since I was 10. I cannot rack up more years as I am considerably younger than yourself. But, the length of time somebody has supported a club doesn't give them more say into matters. We are all supporters no matter what age. 

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#23 steampig

steampig
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Not all great players make great coaches!

Quite true!
But the usually make better coaches than supporters who have never played rugby in their life.

#24 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Fans have to realise Tom bats for the otherside and has joined the darkside of kiss bottom men,his hands are tired and just like a politician has to tow the party line unfortunately.

And his personal opinions might not draw parallel with what he believe.. And Tom is merely the messenger and should not be shot... Darren did not leave on good terms regardless of what "official line" is spun
And the life long supports intelligence shouldn't be scoffed at

Its nice to see other lifelong fans getting tired of Morrison's "antics" regarding young talent.

My faith went months back,and people around the club are doing great things...
there seems more fans unhappy.. Are we struggling with the success of been the top of the bottom teams 3 points from a relegation place...
let's Pat the coach on the back and it could all change with a couple of bad results.. Far from comfortable IMO

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Quite true!
But the usually make better coaches than supporters who have never played rugby in their life.

I have played rugby both codes in fact, have you?

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

I am looking forward to seeing the lad play if he signs for Batley. Could it be as simple as trimming the fat? You did sign an awful lot of players?

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

:-) I know jordan well really well I know the kid did not want to leave Dewsbury he never missed training and having seen him train he trains as hard as anyone do that and turn up and be told your not selected week after week surely gives the impression your not wanted alright glens the coach and having been a coach myself I've tried to understand why he's been left out after the fev game I told jordan he might get dropped but for the life of me I couldn't understand consistently being left out and playing loanees particularly one who's signed up for London next year don't think that's in dewsburys interest going back to jordan I think he started in four games three of those he got mom two at the club and one in league weekly do you agree that at least showed potential now not trying to disrespect pricey potential he hasn't got what you see with Karl is what you get sometimes it works sometimes its way off Jordan's a part time player if he dosent play he dosent get played, and when you feel your being left out of the team unfairly you've got to do something hope all you Dewsbury fans understand that as far as I know and I'm as close to him as you can get there's no underlying reason for him to have been left out for such a long period

#28 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

I think the jury was still out on Grayston. Had a couple of reasonable games for th club but nowt special. I reckon a full back is already in the bag for next season and he reckons big KP will do a job in the interim.
Posted Image

#29 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

:-) I know jordan well really well I know the kid did not want to leave Dewsbury he never missed training and having seen him train he trains as hard as anyone do that and turn up and be told your not selected week after week surely gives the impression your not wanted alright glens the coach and having been a coach myself I've tried to understand why he's been left out after the fev game I told jordan he might get dropped but for the life of me I couldn't understand consistently being left out and playing loanees particularly one who's signed up for London next year don't think that's in dewsburys interest going back to jordan I think he started in four games three of those he got mom two at the club and one in league weekly do you agree that at least showed potential now not trying to disrespect pricey potential he hasn't got what you see with Karl is what you get sometimes it works sometimes its way off Jordan's a part time player if he dosent play he dosent get played, and when you feel your being left out of the team unfairly you've got to do something hope all you Dewsbury fans understand that as far as I know and I'm as close to him as you can get there's no underlying reason for him to have been left out for such a long period

Well wish the lad all the best from the fans as its not us that's shoved him out
And maybe one day when Billy smarts circus rolls out of town he can come back and show us all what he had to offer

From the fans good luck lad

#30 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Quite true!

Cheap and lazy comment.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#31 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Well wish the lad all the best from the fans as its not us that's shoved him out
And maybe one day when Billy smarts circus rolls out of town he can come back and show us all what he had to offer

From the fans good luck lad

'Billy smarts circus?'

#32 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

'Billy smarts circus?'

Bit before your time Eddie

Ringmaster and his clowns ;)

Google it ;)

#33 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Bit before your time Eddie

Ringmaster and his clowns ;)

Google it ;)

I get it now

#34 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Cheap and lazy comment.

Couldn't agree more. Don't believe the myth that 40+ years of watching our game amounts to nothing!

#35 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Usual comments from usual suspects. Grayston has potential, but was not outstanding. The Championship is a ruthless competition. This is not a league for developing young players. His defensive positioning looked a bit suspect and the simple fact is there are better players. I hope he finds another club and let's see how well he does.

Personally I doubt Fev, Halifax, Leigh, etc.. will be lining up to sign him. But no doubt the moaners and conspiracy theorists will be harping on about this for weeks to come.

Oh and by the way, Darrne Rogers left the club on good terms.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 25 July 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#36 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

We're supposed to be building for the future, there wouldn't be any comments if players would have had a fair crack of the whip and fallen short, that's all that's been asked... Not everybody is gonna become the next big thing.

Want some pride in wearing the shirt
And it's all about the size of the heart

Not the size of the pay packet

And that's batley problem at the moment

Always had lads that played for Batley
And that gave them a edge.. Pride to play for the club.

And that's missing this season
and I'm sure Batley fans would agree.

#37 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Usual comments from usual suspects. Grayston has potential, but was not outstanding. The Championship is a ruthless competition. This is not a league for developing young players. His defensive positioning looked a bit suspect and the simple fact is there are better players. I hope he finds another club and let's see how well he does.

Personally I doubt Fev, Halifax, Leigh, etc.. will be lining up to sign him. But no doubt the moaners and conspiracy theorists will be harping on about this for weeks to come.

Oh and by the way, Darrne Rogers left the club on good terms.

Think what you want but Rogers didnt leave the club on good terms

#38 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Also if this league is not a place for developing young players why the heck did we sign Beckett, Farrell, Grayston, Robinson and Wright, all of which are young players!

#39 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

I read this thread with a little dismay. Not all for the news about the release of a young player, but also for the reactions it has engendered.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we are now 6 points above the "5th from bottom" relegation place. That would mean all of the 5 teams we are competing with to avoid that last spot will have to finish the season with a better last six or so games record than us.  Some of them play each other as well. Some of them also play Leigh, Featherstone, Doncaster and, like us, Halifax.  Whilst we cannot be complacent, we should also not be panicking.  Alright, Sheffield have a game in hand but we also have a superior points difference over the others.

In the not too distant the past we avoided relegation only because others fell into financial difficulty and fell through the trap door as a result instead.  So I for one have enjoyed, on balance, a much improved season so far.

Back on topic about Grayston, I have no factual information, and like everyone else must resort to conjecture.  I was disappointed to hear of his departure like a lot of people, but having thought about it a bit I came up with the following. 

We do not currently run a reserve grade, so whatever the future plans may be to consider introducing one, current young players only get game time with the first team (unless loaned out).  This means we have to be fair to the young lads in the squad that the Coach does not think will feature the rest of the season.  GM obviously thinks he can cover the fullback position with what we have, whether we agree or not.

Now a load of completely unfounded "whatifs".

Before the start of this season I thought I read we had a "significant sponsor" that was on board but had to withdraw because of the RFL's/Superleague's procrastination over the future structures and formats for the leagues.

Whatif that sponsor is still interested, now the league structure is confirmed?

Whatif, given the new structure, the ambitions of the club have been elevated even if by a modest amount?

Whatif the young players we (as fans) wanted to see assimilated into the team might not now be at the right stage of their development to contribute to a new model and quite rightly might be better off to try somewhere else?

Whatif we are still not at a stage we could run a resrve grade or if we did they could not find any opposition to play?

Rightly or wrongly, for this level of RL the pro and semi-pro landscape is now going to change quite rapidly, clubs will need to position themselves to take advantage (and some might fall trying to do so, hopefully not ours). 

Whilst I agree that ideally we should keeping young players in the club, developing them and giving them a passion for "playing for the shirt", I wonder if that might be seen as a thing for the future and not a current priority? Who knows?

Like I said, no facts, pure conjecture, but whatif?

#40 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Well I spoke to Jordan yesterday and he was gutted to leave the club. We keep a bulls player yet release him I don't understand. I've not been this p***ed off since Eddie Rombo left Dewsbury to go to Featherstone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users