TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Rams release Grayston

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#41 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

Eddie

I don't understand either.  I wasn't trying to justify anything. 

I was just pointing out that there may be all sorts of stuff going on we have no sight of and it could be that unfortunately Jordan is an unwitting casualty of that.

Equally, Coolie could be right and GM is the re-incarnation of Charlie Cairoli (young persons can google this reference, Coolie should remember I think?).

#42 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

@Madmorros: Love how u try and do the right thing for someone and uninformed people want to judge u and run u out of town. Not all is what it seems!!

#43 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

Why do some fans assume that a departure must mean there's been a fall-out?

...and what "truth"?  :tongue: 

Glenn's decided that Jordan and Josh are not part of his plans and has released them so they can play rugby again and put themselves in the shop window.

I know some of you love a good scandal though...

Oh and Darren left on good terms. Just another example of fans assuming there'd been some massive spat where there wasn't one.

You are blinded by loyalty Tom. I am old enough to know better. Grayson had too much potential and we are too weak at full back for this to be anything other than the usual face fitting...shocked and appalled by this decision and I, like others will be reconsidering my squad builder contribution...GM is indeed turning into WJ, b

#44 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

:-) I know jordan well really well I know the kid did not want to leave Dewsbury he never missed training and having seen him train he trains as hard as anyone do that and turn up and be told your not selected week after week surely gives the impression your not wanted alright glens the coach and having been a coach myself I've tried to understand why he's been left out after the fev game I told jordan he might get dropped but for the life of me I couldn't understand consistently being left out and playing loanees particularly one who's signed up for London next year don't think that's in dewsburys interest going back to jordan I think he started in four games three of those he got mom two at the club and one in league weekly do you agree that at least showed potential now not trying to disrespect pricey potential he hasn't got what you see with Karl is what you get sometimes it works sometimes its way off Jordan's a part time player if he dosent play he dosent get played, and when you feel your being left out of the team unfairly you've got to do something hope all you Dewsbury fans understand that as far as I know and I'm as close to him as you can get there's no underlying reason for him to have been left out for such a long period

Great post. Pass on my wishes. He has been shat on from a great height and will come back to haunt us....

#45 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

Usual comments from usual suspects. Grayston has potential, but was not outstanding. The Championship is a ruthless competition. This is not a league for developing young players. His defensive positioning looked a bit suspect and the simple fact is there are better players. I hope he finds another club and let's see how well he does.

Personally I doubt Fev, Halifax, Leigh, etc.. will be lining up to sign him. But no doubt the moaners and conspiracy theorists will be harping on about this for weeks to come.

Oh and by the way, Darrne Rogers left the club on good terms.

Thanks for that WR - I always had the ambition to become one of the "usual suspects". I'll be Keyser Soze.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#46 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Usual comments from usual suspects. Grayston has potential, but was not outstanding. The Championship is a ruthless competition. This is not a league for developing young players. His defensive positioning looked a bit suspect and the simple fact is there are better players. I hope he finds another club and let's see how well he does.
Personally I doubt Fev, Halifax, Leigh, etc.. will be lining up to sign him. But no doubt the moaners and conspiracy theorists will be harping on about this for weeks to come.
Oh and by the way, Darrne Rogers left the club on good terms.

WR, you seem to be someone who has an insider's knowledge about the club's affairs and also one who cannot abide supporters who criticise the club (for whatever reason).

If this is not a league to develop young players, then why did GM sign the likes of Grayston in the first place? If this is not a league to develop young players, why are we doing so with Wood for Bradford's benefit. I am afraid that, from what I have seen of him, he has less potential than Grayston.

As you are so knowledgeable about the departure of Trigger, do tell us the actual reason he departed the club, o as you put it, "on good terms".
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#47 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

Good post Superdave
Posted Image

#48 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

There seems to be a bit of name calling and falling out on here which is disappointing but of course everybody has the right to there own opinions and should not be ridiculed for expressing them . The first i heard about jordan leaving was on this thread this morning and i must admit i was a bit suprised but the more i have thought about it the more i think i understand the decision .Presuming we stay up this season then next year is going to be about as tough as it can get for us and if we wish to improve then we must have the best players on the books that finances will allow and fringe players next season might be better than fringe players this year . I was of the opinion myself that jordan did not let anybody down with his effort or commitment but i am not sure that he has the ability to play at the level that we will have to next season as i think better options may be available ( and i do not know anything by the way ) . so having thought about it now i can understand glenns decision and i respect it and wish jordan well at his new club and i hope that he does indeed improve for the lads sake .  Coolie dos`nt half make me smile at times as he makes a determined point about face fitting and " favourites " but has the most obvious needle for glenn morrison for some reason .  At the end of the day the coach stands or fails by the decisions that he makes and overall i am personaly happy  with his decisions so far . 

Sorry about the grammar here but im in a rush . kb .

#49 evertrinatonian

evertrinatonian
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

No one will ever know the truth as to why Jordan has left GM doesn't even know that himself.Jordan had some outstanding games for dewsbury in the few games he actually got at fullback.but he will be the first to admit that there is still better to come, Jordan came to Dewsbury without a pre-season behind him and has worked tirelessly on his fitness and goal kicking. he never missed a training session as some people have rightly pointed out and always has given his all, i also know that GM made plenty of broken promises. the treatement of Tonksy has been shocking and farrell too. too drop rob spicer for 2 week and then palce him on the bench and play the clubs best centre out of position in the back row? all baffles me never mind karl pryce at full back, nothing against the guy but not half as good as jordan. the fev game was the kiiller for jordan but i had him off work that week with food poisoning and GM knew about that, jordan was gutted that his playing ability was seriously hindred that day and was desperate for another chance which never materialised at dewsbury. it was the same story with lilycrop earlier this year. if your building for the future surely you keep your best young players. and believe me others will follow shortly who's face simply does not fit. Jordan thanks the supporters of dewsbury and is grateful to the club for the opportunity since returning from OZ. hopefully jon kear will help him progress although going to be tough battling for position against greenwood if you can't compete against louis and pryce jordy lad :)

i have enjoyed following dewsbury in the short period & have met some passionate fans.

#50 bigboyroy

bigboyroy
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Well that's us done a few of us have decided we won,t be purchasing season tickets next season.
To let Tonksy and Grayston go now is ridiculous
I personally spoke to someone who knows Tonks and that lad asked months ago to be let go so he could
Join another club and play regular rugby he was approached by other championship clubs
But GM wouldnt allow it he,s been messed about all season until yesterday when they ageed to let him go but only to York not to a championship club - to put these restrictions on a young promising player is
Appalling- young players up and coming held back what are we doing Dewsbury?
People comment on the Warren Jowitt era but if he would have had the finances and backing that GM has had
Makes me wonder what could have been achieved
Seems to me GM has the gift of the gab and people are falling for it
Not impressed!

#51 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

On one hand, I am here to communicate the official line, but on the other hand, I am a fan of the club who merely volunteers to help them out - and as such I am entitled to my opinion.

And broadly speaking, my opinion is that a coach who has delivered what he has in the last two years, has attracted the players to the club that he has and has us higher in the league structure than we've been in 14 years should be supported.

Yes, we're not yet safe from relegation, but there are five teams relegated. If this was any other season when the bottom two / bottom one was relegated then we'd be easily safe. Only the top four in the division are safe at the moment, and that we are the best outside of that group currently is a great achievement.

Glenn clearly believes that in the interim there are better players in Jordan's position. By securing Ben Hellewell and Sam Wood for the rest of the season we'll probably have Pryce at full-back. As much as a lot of people love to hate him, Karl has played very well in recent weeks and has scored and created some vital tries.

Again, this is likely an interim solution. We are not a club that relies on dual-reg, but under the current circumstances the best short-term solution in our coach's opinion is to secure two high-pedigree players and allow a player down in the pecking order to leave the club.

Yes, Glenn "could have selected him", but he's the coach and he preferred to pick someone else. Again, he is the guy who watches the team train three times a week.

There are only 17 places to be filled each week and we employ a coach to fill those places. Unfortunately, being a member of Squadbuilder does not entitle you to a phone call every Sunday morning for a discussion about selection and tactics.

We've all seen Jordan play a handful of times. Yeah, he played well against Crusaders and he can take a great kick-off, but comparing him to Eddie Rombo....!? Come on!

Allowing Jordan to leave will let him put himself in the shop window and if he is good enough then I'm sure another Championship club will sign him up for 2015.

We are developing a reputation as a club that doesn't leave its players to vegetate on the sidelines. We have no second team and if a player is not being picked then Glenn has a difficult to decision to make. And he's choosing to let the player play! I'm sure he'd much prefer to keep them all at the club.

Seemingly, many of you would rather us keep him on board as 18th man every week. Who benefits from that?

And as for Darren Rogers (and any other player for that matter) - off you go then - you enlightened lot, what happened with him? I'd love to hear "the truth" as you all seem to know better. You might want to swap a few PMs beforehand to make sure your stories match up.

Evertrinatonian, Reg Gasnier - thanks for your support. It's a shame things didn't work out with Jordan, and we all wish him the best for the future.

Edited by Tom Coates, 26 July 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#52 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Can't believe the negativity surrounding the release of Tonks and Grayston. Tonksy as been a good servant to the club but if any supporter would have had him as a regular in the second row/loose forward ahead of the current occupants then you need to start having a word with yourselves. Grayston looks like he has potential but can we afford to play potentials at this crucial part of the season and further more next season, when it will be a hell of a lot tougher. Obviously his potential hasn't been recognised by SL and he is going to Batley. It was never going to be easy this year and I have been well impressed with the way we have performed and that is down to GM and the decisions he has made. We have played 7 games so far this season against the teams above us and won 4 and who knows how we will fare at Fax. We are not going to be relegated and are progressing steadily both on and off the field. I would say there is only one coach in this division doing a better job than GM at the moment with the same limited budget as ours and that is Paul Cooke. There will be more players released before or at the end of this season, some of whom will be fans favourites, more players will be brought in, that has to happen otherwise the moaning will begin again when we get tubbed every week because we are fielding a team of favourites and potentials.  

#53 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Unfortunately, being a member of Squadbuilder does not entitle you to a phone call every Sunday morning for a discussion about selection and tactics.

That won't be an official club comment will it Tom?

Members of Squadbuilder donate money to the club without any strings or requirements other than the trust that their money will be put to good use. That is why some have been questioning their future contributions. To suggest otherwise is frankly juvenile.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#54 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

On one hand, I am here to communicate the official line, but on the other hand, I am a fan of the club who merely volunteers to help them out - and as such I am entitled to my opinion.

And broadly speaking, my opinion is that a coach who has delivered what he has in the last two years, has attracted the players to the club that he has and has us higher in the league structure than we've been in 14 years should be supported.

Yes, we're not yet safe from relegation, but there are five teams relegated. If this was any other season when the bottom two / bottom one was relegated then we'd be easily safe. Only the top four in the division are safe at the moment, and that we are the best outside of that group currently is a great achievement.

Glenn clearly believes that in the interim there are better players in Jordan's position. By securing Ben Hellewell and Sam Wood for the rest of the season we'll probably have Pryce at full-back. As much as a lot of people love to hate him, Karl has played very well in recent weeks and has scored and created some vital tries.

Again, this is likely an interim solution. We are not a club that relies on dual-reg, but under the current circumstances the best short-term solution in our coach's opinion is to secure two high-pedigree players and allow a player down in the pecking order to leave the club.

Yes, Glenn "could have selected him", but he's the coach and he preferred to pick someone else. Again, he is the guy who watches the team train three times a week.

There are only 17 places to be filled each week and we employ a coach to fill those places. Unfortunately, being a member of Squadbuilder does not entitle you to a phone call every Sunday morning for a discussion about selection and tactics.

We've all seen Jordan play a handful of times. Yeah, he played well against Crusaders and he can take a great kick-off, but comparing him to Eddie Rombo....!? Come on!

Allowing Jordan to leave will let him put himself in the shop window and if he is good enough then I'm sure another Championship club will sign him up for 2015.

We are developing a reputation as a club that doesn't leave its players to vegetate on the sidelines. We have no second team and if a player is not being picked then Glenn has a difficult to decision to make. And he's choosing to let the player play! I'm sure he'd much prefer to keep them all at the club.

Seemingly, many of you would rather us keep him on board as 18th man every week. Who benefits from that?

And as for Darren Rogers (and any other player for that matter) - off you go then - you enlightened lot, what happened with him? I'd love to hear "the truth" as you all seem to know better. You might want to swap a few PMs beforehand to make sure your stories match up.

Evertrinatonian, Reg Gasnier - thanks for your support. It's a shame things didn't work out with Jordan, and we all wish him the best for the future.

I wasn't comparing Grayston to Eddie Rombo, I was just clearly stating how disappointed I was!

#55 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Well that's us done a few of us have decided we won,t be purchasing season tickets next season.
To let Tonksy and Grayston go now is ridiculous
I personally spoke to someone who knows Tonks and that lad asked months ago to be let go so he could
Join another club and play regular rugby he was approached by other championship clubs
But GM wouldnt allow it he,s been messed about all season until yesterday when they ageed to let him go but only to York not to a championship club - to put these restrictions on a young promising player is
Appalling- young players up and coming held back what are we doing Dewsbury?
People comment on the Warren Jowitt era but if he would have had the finances and backing that GM has had
Makes me wonder what could have been achieved
Seems to me GM has the gift of the gab and people are falling for it
Not impressed!

so because you don't agree with what's happend you're taking you're bat and ball home? No offence but this as nothing to do with mark sawyer and the board who need every supporter we can get!

#56 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

Can't believe the negativity surrounding the release of Tonks and Grayston. Tonksy as been a good servant to the club but if any supporter would have had him as a regular in the second row/loose forward ahead of the current occupants then you need to start having a word with yourselves. Grayston looks like he has potential but can we afford to play potentials at this crucial part of the season and further more next season, when it will be a hell of a lot tougher. Obviously his potential hasn't been recognised by SL and he is going to Batley. It was never going to be easy this year and I have been well impressed with the way we have performed and that is down to GM and the decisions he has made. We have played 7 games so far this season against the teams above us and won 4 and who knows how we will fare at Fax. We are not going to be relegated and are progressing steadily both on and off the field. I would say there is only one coach in this division doing a better job than GM at the moment with the same limited budget as ours and that is Paul Cooke. There will be more players released before or at the end of this season, some of whom will be fans favourites, more players will be brought in, that has to happen otherwise the moaning will begin again when we get tubbed every week because we are fielding a team of favourites and potentials.

agree mate. If we had a 2nd team then Robinson Grayston and tonks would still be here, likewise sheriff Muranka and Farrell wouldn't of been shipped out. Lay off Glenn for this, he's only doing what he thinks best and you don't know who's joining us next season! He's not stupid, if Grayston was the next big thing which some of you think he is after 3 games with us then he's of never let him go! Judge glenn by this season and recruitment next season before you consider jacking buying season tickets in, I think some of you may be suprised next season. We have to inprove if we are to compete! . Players come and go all time at every club and fans at every club don't always see or understand why, it's called sport! Sad is to think fans are considering jacking us in because a player is leaving the club

Edited by christheram, 26 July 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#57 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

That won't be an official club comment will it Tom?

Members of Squadbuilder donate money to the club without any strings or requirements other than the trust that their money will be put to good use. That is why some have been questioning their future contributions. To suggest otherwise is frankly juvenile.

No, it isn't. These are my comments.

Do you think Squadbuilder members and season ticket holders should have a say in who we sign and who we release?

Edited by Tom Coates, 26 July 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#58 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

I wasn't comparing Grayston to Eddie Rombo, I was just clearly stating how disappointed I was!

...and you're as disappointed about losing Grayston as you were about Rombo?

#59 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

...and you're as disappointed about losing Grayston as you were about Rombo?

I never said that

#60 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Grayston pretty reasonable player (no world beater). Obviously Morrison didnt fancy him, just like he didnt fancy Lillycrop or Robinson. He must think we have better players at the club and can recruit better over the longer term and doesn't want them sat on the sidelines not playing/earning what up with that?

Some fans need to get a grip
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users