Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual-reg Wood to remain with Rams

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Click here for the latest news from Dewsbury Rams.

#2 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

So Sam Wood stays and we release Grayston!

#3 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yes, that is what has happened.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Seems about right - help in the development of a player for a club that we will be facing in the Championship next season and decide to release a player who we could have developed for ourselves. I can't fault that logic.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 25 July 2014 - 05:21 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

...or select the better player during probably the most crucial period in the club's recent history.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Rubbish Tom. You should know better than to try to rely on spin at this moment.

Even one of your modest years could never describe now as anything like "the most crucial period in the club's recent history" unless you mean the last three years.

I'm sure that Wood will make a decent player but he looked decidedly ordinary last week; but what do I know, I'm only a speccie?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 barackoRAMa

barackoRAMa
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Rubbish Tom. You should know better than to try to rely on spin at this moment.

Even one of your modest years could never describe now as anything like "the most crucial period in the club's recent history" unless you mean the last three years.

I'm sure that Wood will make a decent player but he looked decidedly ordinary last week; but what do I know, I'm only a speccie?

He looked decidedly worse than ordinary at Whitehaven the week before

#8 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

He looked decidedly worse than ordinary at Whitehaven the week before

However, he got 3 MOM awards 

#9 barackoRAMa

barackoRAMa
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

However, he got 3 MOM awards 

Were talking about wood ,not grayston, Eddie

#10 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Quote:

"Sam is a quality young player who has already made nine appearances for the Bulls in Super League, including five this season. We're glad to be able to keep him on board," said Morrison. Unquote.

Well he scored a try last week, but he only finished some good work from others. For a Super League player he was seen to take the wrong option by trying to outwit three defenders by beating them down the blind side and was taken into touch; his team mates were waiting for him to move inside. Was that the best move for a Super League player?

Edited by Crown Flatter, 25 July 2014 - 07:35 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#11 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

What does GM know about rugby, compared to some of the experts on here?

#12 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

well he's not a proven coach is he?

#13 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

Quote:

"Sam is a quality young player who has already made nine appearances for the Bulls in Super League, including five this season. We're glad to be able to keep him on board," said Morrison. Unquote.

Well he scored a try last week, but he only finished some good work from others. For a Super League player he was seen to take the wrong option by trying to outwit three defenders by beating them down the blind side and was taken into touch; his team mates were waiting for him to move inside. Was that the best move for a Super League player?

Quote:

Maybe his team mates should have been up in support instead of waiting. Are we crucifying this lad already, after two games ? I'm also disappointed that Grayston was released without being given much chance, but if I'm honest my first impressions of him were that he was nowhere near as good as my Wakey mates claimed - it took a few games for him to start looking the part. Seems to me some posters on here already have it in for Sam simply because he broke our DR duck. No doubt if he proves to be the star I think he can be, he will be recalled by the bulls and we'll start moaning all over again.

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Maybe his team mates should have been up in support instead of waiting. Are we crucifying this lad already, after two games ? I'm also disappointed that Grayston was released without being given much chance, but if I'm honest my first impressions of him were that he was nowhere near as good as my Wakey mates claimed - it took a few games for him to start looking the part. Seems to me some posters on here already have it in for Sam simply because he broke our DR duck. No doubt if he proves to be the star I think he can be, he will be recalled by the bulls and we'll start moaning all over again.

Yes we will. That's the point.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

If help us secure 5th place this year then I'll be happy - and isn't that the point?

Sorry for all the rational positivity rubbish.

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

If help us secure 5th place this year then I'll be happy - and isn't that the point?

Sorry Tom but no, it isn't!

If we were to borrow 15 different players every week to achieve success then we should be happy just to follow the shirt, not our team, is that right?

The end cannot always justify the means.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 26 July 2014 - 10:32 AM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

GM was given enough money to build a good squad for this season. Also, if certain players were not good enough why sign them in the first place? Personally, the sooner the link we have with Bradford ends, the better!

#18 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

I'd rather us have Sam Wood and stay up. The most Bulls players we've ever had at any one time is two, and that's only happened a handful of times.

In this case the end does justify the means.

#19 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

I'd rather us have Sam Wood and stay up. The most Bulls players we've ever had at any one time is two, and that's only happened a handful of times.

In this case the end does justify the means.

I'd prefer not to have D/R and stay up!

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 26 July 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#20 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

I'd prefer not to have D/R and stay up!

This year, because of the importance of staying up, every coach has been prepared to do whatever is necessary - including fev, formerly one of DR's biggest detractors, who now seem happy to cosy up to Wakey. Like I've said before, if the rest of the championship clubs had taken the same moral stance demanded by many posters on here, I'd be right up there expressing my indignation, but they haven't so I won't. Interestingly, there are a few on the dogs forum who condemned DR at it's inception, but are now bemoaning the lack of support from the giants. If we had their run in, I suspect many of us on here would be doing the same. I'm with Tom on this one - this is no time to worry about principles. All that said, I still think GM's man management leaves much to be desired.