TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Salford launch Season Tickets

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

What the hell is going on, it isn't Christmas or New Year, and Salford manage to launch season tickets for next year!!! Shocking display of professional marketing not something we are used to.

Advert is very game of thrones      http://www.thereddev...on-ticket-info/

#2 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Don't fret. Someone will soon post something negative about this. SNAFU

#3 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

How can they sell season tickets when they don't know who they'll be playing in the super 8s, blah blah...

Seriously, great to see. Hopefully they'll get the support they deserve after a good run of form and some great further additions for next year.
Posted Image

#4 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Leeds are currently selling season tickets for next year too. The price includes the regular season plus the home games of whatever league of 8 they are in.

I am led to understand that the pricing is based on having x3 games at home in the league of 8 and if Leeds end up with x4 than its a bonus for the fans, they get an extra game effectively for free.

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Leeds are currently selling season tickets for next year too. The price includes the regular season plus the home games of whatever league of 8 they are in.

I am led to understand that the pricing is based on having x3 games at home in the league of 8 and if Leeds end up with x4 than its a bonus for the fans, they get an extra game effectively for free.

That's way too complicated...
Posted Image

#6 Viking Ste

Viking Ste
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

Is it just me or does that seem a bit expensive for a RL season ticket??

#7 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

great news

#8 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

Seriously? Leeds have been selling season tickets at this stage for years. I thought it was the norm.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#9 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

More games next year don't forget.
Posted Image

#10 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

That's way too complicated...

chuckle

#11 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

early bird adult prices from 190, pretty good if you ask me.

Around £13-14 per game. Great value.

#12 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

It's a tough call most clubs will have to make, do they go with 11, 14 or15 game tickets? What to do with Magic tickets especially the new Blackpool gig
Is it better for championship clubs to wait to see which eight they are in to maximise income or shoot with 14/15 not knowing which group or how many home games?

#13 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Seriously? Leeds have been selling season tickets at this stage for years. I thought it was the norm.

Last year we were lucky to get them before the season started. We had to pick ours up before kick off on day one. Normally for Salford they go on sale late November. Shirts are usually after Christmas.

#14 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Really good to see this from Salford. I really hope this keeps up from them. They have been a real shambles in recent years, and becoming more professional off the field like this, is as important as putting a decent team together on it.

#15 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

That is the difference between being a proper SL club, and being in SL. Several clubs at the bottom end, are so far off being a truly professional sporting club that it beggars belief.

It will be important for those clubs especially to use some of the new TV money to improve in these areas, as that will have long-lasting benefits, rather than chucking a load of money at some over-rated Aussie in the hope of winning an extra match or two next year. The same applies to the better clubs in the championship. It's not all about getting into SL NOW, it's got to be about how you can be a SL quality club in 5, 10 and 15 years' time.

#16 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Wakey's tickets go on sale on 1 September too, so I found out today. That all seems a bit well planned. £220 will get you entry to all home league fixtures and the home Super 8 matches. Good value that.

#17 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

So those thinking that crowds will be drastically low in the middle 8 may be surprised when season ticket holders bump up the crowd, unlike the play-offs currently.
Posted Image

#18 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

So those thinking that crowds will be drastically low in the middle 8 may be surprised when season ticket holders bump up the crowd, unlike the play-offs currently.

I think they may have found the formula to really bring the season to a peak with the Grand Final. At the moment, it sort of peters out and then finishes with a Big Bang at Old Trafford.

In a normal season Hull FC fans would be wondering whether to bother with their last 2 or 3 season tickets. Next season they would be wondering whether they had enough form to make sure they don't get embarrassed in the Super 8 and could potentially finish the season on a high, and get ready to go again in 2016 on the back of some good form.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users