1) For starters I am completely un-convinced that the finances are sorted or any were near sorted as yet given what had to occur to get the club through last year and given the lack of apparent push this season on business sponsorship.
2) That brings my thoughts to 1 Raiders must have a run of wins next season to maintain fans above 800 especially as the gate takings will be down by at least 3k per home game.
3) Players wont be on much less than this year if win money is involved so more work will need to be done to find the shortfall on income.
4) Raiders must go back up next year and giving any coach a half season chance before deciding his future at the club is madness. I agree that Paul Crarey (who was number one choice in 2011) is the man to turn it round as he has the respect of players and the RFL.
1) Didn't the chairman state we would of cleared all the debt by Christmas
2) When we were last in this division crowds were in the 1300-1400 range. Both the soccer and the rugby's crowds generally rise and fall depending on how well the team is doing, the league is usually pretty irrelevant. We are averaging 1 win every 7 games this year. We will be winning more games and the crowds IMO will be fine. We could select a side with the best ameteurs from round here and beat the bottom 5 sides home and away. The average of the crowds in the league apart from us will be at least half of what ours will be, I can guarantee that.
3) So you think we are going to spend more money on the squad next year despite a much lower salary cap. I appreciate win pay will make a huge difference but I imagine the base rate of pay will be much higher in this league. I appreciate we will get less crowd money but I will be more than surprised if we aren't using a lot of money to pay off debt currently hence the cheap squad. Nearly every team in the league next year will have smaller than 500 crowds. With the debt cleared i don't understand why we should be worrying?
4) As I say he needs time to prove himself. Even if we didn't have a coach we would beat the southern sides. There are two promotion spots up for grabs. Next year we will be in a position to recruit better. I am confident for next year with BG. Until Crarey states he wants the job i don't see the point in chasing after him.
Based on looking at other squads our side is going to be considerably less than everyone elses. Doncaster can afford a third place in the league side on 650 crowd average and they are winning games. Dewsbury got 575 against us yesterday yet they have players like Anthony Thackeray, Karl Pryce, Lee Sheriffe ect. Clubs on nearly half the crowds have clearly much more expensive squads than ourselves. I appreciate other sides have ways of getting income in, but the fact we are averaging 1000 and own our own ground so take all beer and food money have an extremely cheap squad suggests we will be doing much better financially than others. I'm not an extremely experienced businessman, but if sides are averaging 300-400 people less a fortnight on gate money, have more expensive squads and have more rent ect we are going to be doing better financially even without seeing all the numbers.