TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

If you are born in an airbase...............

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

What country are you officially born in. For example a US base in Germany. Are you technically an American or German as you are born on German land?? Can you apply for both passports?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#2 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

The airbase part is irrelevant, under German law a child born there assumes the citizenship of its parents. To qualify as a German one of its parents needs to be a German citizen.

#3 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

My wife was born at RAF Changi, Singapore, her father was serving in the RAF. Her mother and father were British, she had 3 birth certificates ,one local  one MOD & issued by British Government which says she is British . The only problem came when she had to get a passport, to prove she was truly British she had to provide her parents birth certificates & wedding certificate . Approximately 10 months later she got her passport!!  So much for being born on an RAF station.

Edited by Bucksyed, 25 July 2014 - 07:19 PM.

Semper in excretia sumus, solim profundum variat.

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

I had a friend who had the same experience. Born in Singapore to a Singaporean mother and a career British Army soldier who was an Irish national.

He then spent about twenty years in Britain, going to school, university and teacher training college. He then applied for a passport and couldn't get one without going through some special application process.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users