Ebola

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,168 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

Shadow, do you hear that whining noise again, a faint buzzing, somewhat musical but just needs swotting away? 

Is he talking male genitals again? 

Edit:   The sweary filter has no respect for comedic gold  :angry:

Edited by Shadow, 05 October 2014 - 04:56 PM.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#42 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

According to the telly, there's a 50% chance of Ebola reaching Britain before the end of the month.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#43 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

A nurse in Spain has symptoms.  She's just returned from an infected area, where she was treating a priest who died.  Clearly he didn't pray hard as hard or as well as that US medic.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#44 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

It's an African disease, so I would have thought that the most likely British outbreak would be in London.

#45 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

A nurse in Spain has symptoms.  She's just returned from an infected area, where she was treating a priest who died.  Clearly he didn't pray hard as hard or as well as that US medic.

Looks like she caught Ebola in the Spanish hospital she worked in.  That's quite worrying as they knew what they were dealing with and took extreme precautions. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#46 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

There's no need for stinging sarcasm.

Bee hive yourself, for once, honey.

#47 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:28 AM

Blimey I know a Dr going to Sierra Leone to help treat people with Ebola. Brave and selfless action. True hero.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#48 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

Larry, I would suggest that there is a difference between superstition and spirituality.  That many people confuse it claim to be atheist or Christian is no biggie.  One thing I will write as a scientist is that we are studying a model of reality and not reality itself, I take the latter to be a matter is spirituality.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#49 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:34 AM

Larry, I would suggest that there is a difference between superstition and spirituality. That many people confuse it claim to be atheist or Christian is no biggie. One thing I will write as a scientist is that we are studying a model of reality and not reality itself, I take the latter to be a matter is spirituality.

Spirituality is a model. It is a way of rationalising something that we don't understand. It is however a flawed model.
Fides invicta triumphat

#50 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

Spirituality is a model. It is a way of rationalising something that we don't understand. It is however a flawed model.

That, to me, seems a perfect definition if superstition.  As a scientist, I am happy to such nonsense.

PS: I make the same points to Buddhists when they describe Buddhism as scientific.

Edited by Bob8, 24 November 2014 - 10:26 AM.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#51 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:22 AM

That, to me, seems a perfect definition if superstition. As a scientist, I am happy to such nonsense.

Isn't spirituality and superstition pretty much the same thing? A belief in the intangible and inexplicable.
Fides invicta triumphat

#52 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

Isn't spirituality and superstition pretty much the same thing? A belief in the intangible and inexplicable.

That's my take on it.  I see no daylight between the two.  Can't understand something or find something upsetting?  Just make up a comforting explanation.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#53 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

Can't understand something ...   Just make up a comforting explanation.

A bit like electricity then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users