• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Hello,

I am organising a match on the 16th August in Copenhagen.  We often invite charities, cultural groups and other sports to come along and promote themselves.  This time, for the first time, a sports team are coming along to promote their american football club.  They ask for suggests on what they could do.

Any ideas?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#2 GeordieGiant

GeordieGiant
  • Twitter
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Good luck with your adventure Bob8. Bands til late, food, amusements for kids, bouncy castles etc?

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Free bar. People will be there in their thousands.

#4 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

If they are trying to promote the sport then some simple skills for the kids. rugby clubs often use a tyre to throw through.

#5 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Thanks, the type to throw around is certainly good.

Just to clarify, we have a pretty good match day.  The beer is supplied by an upmarket beer bar and the food by a proper restaurant, as well as music coming from a proper pro DJ and the anthem being sung by nothing less than a Danish X-Factor semi-finalist ;).

If they are trying to promote the sport then some simple skills for the kids. rugby clubs often use a tyre to throw through.

A good suggestion, it really is things for the american football team to do and I will give them that example to help them on their way.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#6 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

The other thing that might work would be sumo suits acting blockers and the kids run round them. Falling down whilst wearing those suits is often entertaining.

Think Question of Sport on Saturday had something with the grid marked out and a female team of players stopping the stars of the show.

Edited by Red Willow, 26 July 2014 - 05:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users