Leigh Sunday

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

Another must win as Keighley play Swinton and Whitehaven play Workington, so we could slip back towards the drop zone.

What do we reckon? Would be happy with a BP and a good performance to set us up for the 6 pointer at Whitehaven the week after.

Going to go down to the wire this relegation scrap i feel.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Forgot to add - is it a 2pm or 3pm kick off?

#3 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

Leigh could come unstuck at the Mount on Sunday.Could be their second loss of the season What was the team that beat them.?

#4 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

Another must win as Keighley play Swinton and Whitehaven play Workington, so we could slip back towards the drop zone.

What do we reckon? Would be happy with a BP and a good performance to set us up for the 6 pointer at Whitehaven the week after.

Going to go down to the wire this relegation scrap i feel.

And don't forget rams are at Halifax & I can't see us getting anything from that game the way we're playing!! Like you say I think it's going down to wire

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

It's been said before that there are plenty of twists and turns in this league yet. based on form no-one really fancied you on Sunday yet, by all accounts, the scoreline hardly did you justice. Similarly Leigh got turned over by Doncaster who then proceeded to get beaten by Keighley; form seems to be very temporary at the moment so anything could happen.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Sadly I will miss this one due to holiday :(

A bonus point would keep us on track and a win would be fantastic. Heart says 24 -18 to the Dogs, Head says... Who cares what he thinks, he knows nowt!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

An astoundingly obvious comment; it depends who's playing for us. Can we keep Fairbank and Josh Johnson? Is Black fit? Brown and Reittie were both in the wars on Sunday. 

The game the week after looks more important. Will JK be tempted to rest anyone with a knock, can we afford to. I think team selection will be interesting.

#8 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

An astoundingly obvious comment; it depends who's playing for us. Can we keep Fairbank and Josh Johnson? Is Black fit? Brown and Reittie were both in the wars on Sunday.

The game the week after looks more important. Will JK be tempted to rest anyone with a knock, can we afford to. I think team selection will be interesting.

Good points, will be interesting to see what team we put out - Will Leigh allow Alex Brown to play?

If not i assume Grayston will get the nod, i wouldnt put Finnigan in after some woeful performances in recent weeks.

Also hearing Ben Black's season is all but over with his knee injury on Sunday, so if true with only one recognised half back, how is that going to affect us in the last 5 games?

Plenty of twists and turns but the odds appear to be stacking up ominously against us.

The derby on the 17th could potentially be the biggest and most important in years.

Edited by buford t justice, 29 July 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#9 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Will Leigh allow Alex Brown to play?

I totally forgot about that. I would assume not.

Black being out for the run in worries me greatly.

#10 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

I do hope that, in terms of how Black received his injury, the club have reviewed the DVD of Sunday's game and will be taking appropriate action. The 'cannonball' tackle is one of the most cowardly pieces of foul play in the modern game.

Posted Image

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

I do hope that, in terms of how Black received his injury, the club have reviewed the DVD of Sunday's game and will be taking appropriate action. The 'cannonball' tackle is one of the most cowardly pieces of foul play in the modern game.

If that's what happened then the player involved should be severely punished. There's such a huge gulf between an accidental collision and a deliberate one of this kind that the video should show clearly which this was.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Good points, will be interesting to see what team we put out - Will Leigh allow Alex Brown to play?

If not i assume Grayston will get the nod, i wouldnt put Finnigan in after some woeful performances in recent weeks.

Also hearing Ben Black's season is all but over with his knee injury on Sunday, so if true with only one recognised half back, how is that going to affect us in the last 5 games?

Plenty of twists and turns but the odds appear to be stacking up ominously against us.

The derby on the 17th could potentially be the biggest and most important in years.

grayston is not a winger lmao i'd play him at 6 with scotty at 7 and see also i think fairbank is with us until end of season due not be matchfit for super league..

#13 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

Real shame about Black if rumours are true and he misses rest of season. Makes things awkward for the remaining fixtures and our fight for survival.  We do not have another recognised half back. When Black was regaining fitness in earlier games we tried various combinations none were really a success. Puzzler for Mr Kear only playing Davies at 6 comes to mind it worked at North Wales but not in other games, we will find out on Sunday. Hope Gledhill is fit for more poundage up front . We have to win the pack battle if we are to be victorious .  All aboard the Mount Pleasant roller coaster its gonna be a thrilling ride.

#14 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

anyone got a link to highlights,i thought knowles tackled ben before he even got the ball.he threw a few cheap shots in all game.

#15 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

In regards to having cover for Ben Black's injury. I would be surprised if the club did not have a plan in place .A option that was mentioned earlier in the season was Jake Connor at halfback. Sunday might be the game to give it a go. Davies looks to be back to his normal form in the second row after a dip in form due to a back injury so would not want to see him moved.

Batley are massive underdogs on Sunday whoever plays at halfback. Could do with a repeat of the Championship play off display of last season plus a bit of wind and rain weatherwise. 

Edited by bulldogtrev, 29 July 2014 - 07:55 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#16 Snowys Backside

Snowys Backside
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

I would be surprised if we let Brown play.

I am expecting another tough encounter as it always is against you guys.

If you let us play, we will win comfortably. If you get in our faces, anything can happen. We riped Rochdale apart on the fringes last week, yet our defence was not as good as it should be.

Either way, there will be a big and vocal Leigh following to what I deem as my favourite championship ground. Heres hoping it is a pleasant afternoon at the Mount. It shoulkd be one of your best attendances thats for sure !!

Good Luck. Batley are too good to go down.

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

It weren't a tough encounter last time we met but fingers crossed. I notice on the Love RL site that Batley have the best disciplinary record and Leigh the worst. Saints against Sinners then

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#18 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

Who did the cannonball? Talapapa by any chance? He finished Alex Brown's game off at the Mount with one right in the kidneys. Horrible, deliberate and always unpunished.

#19 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Who did the cannonball? Talapapa by any chance? He finished Alex Brown's game off at the Mount with one right in the kidneys. Horrible, deliberate and always unpunished.

have been trying to find a link to highlights,cannonballs below knees so doubt kidneys involved even thou alex did get a few cheap shots including his contact stuck in his eyeball at the game at mount. am sure when we see the clip its knowles and ben hadent got the ball. it were hard to see game propper when your only 5ft at owlerton and there so far away, best view is in the hare and hounds bar but the bodygaurd said it were for sheffield fans only.. :rtfm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users