TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Town V Haven

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

BKM is predicting a Haven win with no bonus point for Town over on deludedfans.com....  I think he'll be a bit out with that prediction.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

To be fair haven HAVE to win and stop us getting a bonus point. If they get beat then there in massive trouble. I will go town by 7.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Bonus points are suddenly important for them then ? No wonder they're talking about no point for us - that is significant . Even a point for us isn't disastrous . Looking at the fixtures it could even move us up . They HAVE to win , and still have Batley n Sheffield . I can't predict these , just pray !

#4 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

BKM is predicting a Haven win with no bonus point for Town over on deludedfans.com....  I think he'll be a bit out with that prediction.

That shouldn't come as a surprise Otto, something the deluded ones don't lack is confidence. I don't think there will be many on here predicting a Town win by more than 12. If haven do manage to do that, then they will have acheived something our last 11 opponents have failed to do, and they include Leigh, Fev and Fax. I doubt he will be running to the bookies to place that bet. !

#5 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

BKM is predicting a Haven win with no bonus point for Town over on deludedfans.com.... I think he'll be a bit out with that prediction.

Mr mullet has written an essay on his prediction where he heavily relies on town players being out on sunday. I have reminded him we beat fev with a patched up side the fev who won comfortably at the wreck yesterday. Not a lot in this one Loser to get A BP. 18-14

#6 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

If Town win sunday Whitehaven wont catch us, were safe in my view
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#7 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

If is a very large word when it comes to derby games.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Certainly nothing is surprising . And especially when it's ' we only need to win this ... ' !!

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Poor old BKM, the self-appointed cheerleader of Haven.   He's got his work cut-out though by the looks of it on their forum.    It's took me ages to read through all his comments but the one thing that shines through is how one-eyed he is.

How the h**l Fev had the nerve to dare to win on Sunday, wow I don't know, but nowhere does he mention that the official penalty count for the match was 15 penalties for Haven and only 5 for Fev.    Surely that must be wrong?     When he talks about up-coming fixtures he seems to mention quite a lot that we have to go to Leigh and Donny but I can't remember seeing where we have to play Barrow or Dewsbury at home, that's after we have lost to Haven without picking up a bonus point.    He also says at one point that it is in their own hands how the season pans out which begs the question as to who's hands it's been in all season?    It also seems that every team they play is a stronger team than anyone else has had to play against. 

Edited by Keith T, 28 July 2014 - 02:58 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

He's a moron Keith, it's as simple as that. If he read back what he wrote he would be embarrassed, well should be embarrassed. Even if haven win and stop us getting a bonus on Sunday it's still not in there hands, because if town and keighley win there last 4 games haven are still down. I know he's probably not very good at maths but come on, some of what he says surely must make him think twice about posting his tripe.

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

Poor old BKM, the self-appointed cheerleader of Haven. He's got his work cut-out though by the looks of it on their forum. It's took me ages to read through all his comments but the one thing that shines through is how one-eyed he is.

How the h**l Fev had the nerve to dare to win on Sunday, wow I don't know, but nowhere does he mention that the official penalty count for the match was 15 penalties for Haven and only 5 for Fev. Surely that must be wrong? When he talks about up-coming fixtures he seems to mention quite a lot that we have to go to Leigh and Donny but I can't remember seeing where we have to play Barrow or Dewsbury at home, that's after we have lost to Haven without picking up a bonus point. He also says at one point that it is in their own hands how the season pans out which begs the question as to who's hands it's been in all season? It also seems that every team they play is a stronger team than anyone else has had to play against.

i like the bit where he says if they play to their potential for the 80 mins they will win. So what if town who have won the last six and have a stronger defence and are at home play to their potential then? It's funny seeing some of his fellow fans saying the opposite to him.

Edited by town4me, 28 July 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#12 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

I love and hate derbies with a passion, I can feel the butterflies coming now thinking about it.

Our 6 game streak means nowt as form is irrelevant. One thing we can be sure of is that Phil will have the lads well prepared for the game and they will have the confidence to win.
The rest is up in the air, the ref might have a say in the outcome as it will be very tight. Let's hope he doesn't let Doran ref it and he lets the game flow a bit.
Our lads are pretty well disciplined so as long as they keep their heads we should be fine.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#13 ivans82

ivans82
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

it doesn t matter what team we put out on sunday i have total confidence in them  . we have moaned about players being missing all season  . what happens is whoever comes in has a stormer and then we win .the only thing that can stop is is the man in the middle he had a shocker at the rec and cost us the game.       we have won 6 in a row......on sunday we will be in seventh haven  .

#14 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

Town win - haven no bonus - shock on the duel reg :)

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

For us or them ...

#16 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

I couldn't care less what they think, town all the way for me they don't count, the boys owe us a performance after winning yesterday and playing badly, ha
Up the town
6 onwards

#17 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Ref: M Thomason
Touch J: A Bentham
Touch J: R Gaskell
Reserve: J Butterfield
M Com: C Hodgson

#18 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Joel Tomkins in the 19 for Wigan this thursday, but not Lewis Tierney.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Of course it is . He seems to be the man for these . Done a fair few now . No holding down - rule number one with him

Edited by DavidM, 29 July 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

I see Lewis played for there under 19s against huddersfield. It will be interesting to see if we're the ones who turn him down or is he not being offered. Rather baffling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users