TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Town V Haven

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

good luck guys im sure it will be close !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#22 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

good luck guys im sure it will be close !!

i hope it's all over by half time. My ticker can't take all these close games, especially against them lot down the road.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#23 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

I see Lewis played for there under 19s against huddersfield. It will be interesting to see if we're the ones who turn him down or is he not being offered. Rather baffling.

sometimes its common place when they select an under 19 for the full squad and then they don't get into the starting 17 - wouldn't have been offered IMHO 

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

i hope it's all over by half time. My ticker can't take all these close games, especially against them lot down the road.

Yes , about 36-0 . Otherwise that might be me you see getting stretchered out

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

sometimes its common place when they select an under 19 for the full squad and then they don't get into the starting 17 - wouldn't have been offered IMHO

he wasn't selected in last weeks 19 though.

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

He makes a big difference . Surely this week

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

He makes a big difference . Surely this week

my only thought was, is it maybe because he's an off the cuff player, vievers seems to prefer the more solid reliable player. Look at Callum, he's the creative, do his own thing type, and he hardly gets a look in. Just a thought.

#28 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Can't see us ever turning him down.

#29 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Can't see us ever turning him down.

you would hope not. Just can't understand why the pie eaters would rather he played under 19s over championship rugby.

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Aye wonky , we're looking for answers to things we can't quite fathom . That's been the DR story for much of this season . As you say , we'll see who turns up

#31 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

The only cert we seem to know will be up is Murphy and Farrell (apart from the couple of injured weeks). The rest is a mystery, there either not bothered about giving them game time or the players don't want to come up. Either way it's a mystery.

#32 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

he wasn't selected in last weeks 19 though.

wow , sorry mate just assumed .Would have made a big difference on Sunday , especially with a few struggling. DR can be so mysterious sometimes

#33 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Can't wait for this one, could be the most significant derby game I've watched, not too confident either. Mind you a lot of haven fans don't seem to be confident, should be a tense affair. Hopefully a good game and regardless of the outcome I want town and haven to stay up.
My prediction is a draw.

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

wow , sorry mate just assumed .Would have made a big difference on Sunday , especially with a few struggling. DR can be so mysterious sometimes

nah it's not just a 1 off either, he'll have a stormer for us, make the Wigan squad the week after(never to play) and then missing from both squads the week after that. Baffling to say the least.

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

I hope we have a good kicking game here . It's the easiest way to control a game , yet so often we do good work in five plays then put in soft or poor quality kicks which don't give full value for them . To often we don't pressurise the back three.I'm sure Seymour will be controlling things, just as Rooney did for them . Guys like Cooke have shown us the trick , so hopefully we get the halves controlling things and the job is made much easier . That's one area they'll be looking to have an advantage.

#36 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Ref: M Thomason
Touch J: A Bentham
Touch J: R Gaskell
Reserve: J Butterfield
M Com: C Hodgson

no I think you will find a certain haven player will want to ref this game as usual. Sir there doing this sir there doing that. Spoke to someone at the haven v fev game and every fev tackle was high, fev were always offside and not square and the jam pot fans were screaming and booing the ref all the game.no change there then

#37 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

no I think you will find a certain haven player will want to ref this game as usual. Sir there doing this sir there doing that. Spoke to someone at the haven v fev game and every fev tackle was high, fev were always offside and not square and the jam pot fans were screaming and booing the ref all the game.no change there then

And despite the penalty count proving otherwise they claim the ref had it in for them :prankster:

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#38 Anonymouse

Anonymouse
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

you would hope not. Just can't understand why the pie eaters would rather he played under 19s over championship rugby.

Huddersfield have a big u19's squad and had previously beat Wigans 19's ...I reckon they put out the best they had to avoid the double ...

#39 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

Wasn't the hudd and Wigan u19 game last night?

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

They are wanting the ref for this Sunday reported to the RFL now for making a jokey conversation with PV on Twitter last Sunday!!!!!!    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users