Catalans Rumour

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
267 replies to this topic

#261 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,593 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

So, what bills are incurred whilst in the championship under P&R that weren't under licensing? Assuming that in each case the club wanted to be at the top table...

Short termism. 

Have you never given this any thought or read about it prior to asking daft questions on here?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#262 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Short termism is a bill? I take you haven't read what I said earlier - what is stopping a club in the championship from consolidating before making a charge at the top?

#263 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

other than play at the same stadium, have the same sponsors, and fans and play under the crusaders logo....oh and have links with the welsh national body..... so quite a bit then!

If keighley went bust the fans rescued the club, played at the same ground and the same fans watched and they still had a similar name would you be repeating the same rhetoric? ?

He might if the club publicly said "We're nothing to do with Keighley Cougars, we're a new club". Generally when a club is reborn, they like to emphasise the connection to the old club and play up the heritage. North Wales Crusaders have done the exact opposite. 

#264 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

He might if the club publicly said "We're nothing to do with Keighley Cougars, we're a new club". Generally when a club is reborn, they like to emphasise the connection to the old club and play up the heritage. North Wales Crusaders have done the exact opposite.

Read the post that you are replying to!

They are using the same NAME "Crusaders" are they not? How can that possibly be the "EXACT OPPOSITE" of emphasising the connection to the old club?(!)

#265 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,593 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

Short termism is a bill? I take you haven't read what I said earlier - what is stopping a club in the championship from consolidating before making a charge at the top?

Do not be idiotic, or at least do not type it out in here.  You keep asking the same stupid questions ad nauseum until people give up explaining to you.  You then decide this will prove you right.  I have seen this style a hundred times.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#266 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Nice ad hominem. That's generally how you know that the person replying doesn't have an answer to your point or question. I take it you have no reason why a club can't take a measured approach to moving up the ranks then?

Short termism isn't an answer to that by the way. I appreciate that is a bad thing and may well happen. On the other hand I am not 100% sure why it couldn't happen during franchising.

Out of interest, can you explain why you consider the post you quote to be idiotic?

Edited by zorquif, 06 August 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#267 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

Read the post that you are replying to!

They are using the same NAME "Crusaders" are they not? How can that possibly be the "EXACT OPPOSITE" of emphasising the connection to the old club?(!)

And that's all that remains of the old Crusaders club - the name and even then it's not quite the same. Crusaders were never called "North Wales", they were always billed as Wales' club or even "Celtic", the new name emphasised the regional status and nailed them down as North Walians.

The club belongs to the owners and other stakeholders such as the fans. They say that it isn't the same club reformed but an entirely new club. That's unique in RL history as far as I know.

When Keighley Cougars reformed, the new owners insisted that the holding company might be different but it was the very same club. Every other reformation went along these lines AFAIK.

Edited by Northern Sol, 06 August 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#268 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Since this has got very personal now (for which there is NEVER any need), and no one has actually mentioned Catalans for the past two pages, I'm locking this for being way off topic.

Anyone who wants to carry on discussing issues relating to promotion/relegation/licensing/league restructuring and the benefits/disadvantages thereof to any particular club, there is already an existing thread for this here:

http://www.totalrl.c...merged-threads/

Thank you.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users