Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Catalans Rumour

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
267 replies to this topic

#21 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

I have maintained all along that the RFL wanted the Broncos and the Catalans out of Super League. That in my opinion was why they brought in the 2 team relegation in the hope the Broncos and the Catalans finished in the bottom 2. They got half their wish. The RFL would love Super League to become a M62 corridor competition.

Is it little wonder that we get less print inches in the national papers than we did 15 years with such insular thinking.

#22 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,892 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

I have maintained all along that the RFL wanted the Broncos and the Catalans out of Super League. That in my opinion was why they brought in the 2 team relegation in the hope the Broncos and the Catalans finished in the bottom 2. They got half their wish. The RFL would love Super League to become a M62 corridor competition.

Is it little wonder that we get less print inches in the national papers than we did 15 years with such insular thinking.

mate that's some conspiracy theory

London being a bag o shy te notwithstanding, and the Bulls being in a mess as well, we now have structure that will do just that under the right circumstances. Way to go eh?

edit: let's go back to winter and unlimited tackles while we're at it. Pass the rusty corrugated iron.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 28 July 2014 - 07:00 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#23 GeordieGiant

GeordieGiant
  • Twitter
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

I spoke to Blake Solly on friday and he's said "they're probably the competition's second biggest team", USAP gone down, if anything it's time for the Dragons to kick on and move on up. Unlikely. Apprently Bernard Guasch was hysterical with happiness when USAP went down. Furthermore if they withdrew, they'd just end up spanking everybody else in the French comp and lose all their top talent to SL. 

#24 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

mate that's some conspiracy theory

London being a bag o shy te notwithstanding, and the Bulls being in a mess as well, we now have structure that will do just that under the right circumstances. Way to go eh?

edit: let's go back to winter and unlimited tackles while we're at it. Pass the rusty corrugated iron.

Only time well tell Chris. I think unfortunatley in the long term i will be shown to be right.

#25 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

Only time well tell Chris. I think unfortunatley in the long term i will be shown to be right.

No doubt about it. In the year 2525 will we still be alive?

Btw. If Bradford can't make a go of it this time, well, that's their fault and they will have to live with the consequences.

#26 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,892 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Btw. If Bradford can't make a go of it this time, well, that's their fault and they will have to live with the consequences.

and so will professional rugby league in this country.

Keeping it local

#27 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

The problem with Rugby League is this country is that we don't give things long enough before we pull the plug on them.

The clubs and the RFL need to come up with a plan and stick with it. If the clubs and the RFL are saying that P&R are here to stay then they have to come up with a format and business plan that suits all parties. That plan should include a no debts policy.

I would put my house on the fact that in 6 years time this present format will be ditched and another one in its place.

#28 Auntie Linzi Morris

Auntie Linzi Morris
  • Coach
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

There's an awful lot of nonsense written on rugby league internet forums and I've lost count of how many times I've shaken my head in disbelief when reading comments over the last few years.

But this, by some considerable margin, is in my opinion the daftest piece of ignorant and ill-informed nonsense without any foundation or basis whatsoever that I've had the misfortune to chance upon.

#29 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

There's an awful lot of nonsense written on rugby league internet forums and I've lost count of how many times I've shaken my head in disbelief when reading comments over the last few years.

But this, by some considerable margin, is in my opinion the daftest piece of ignorant and ill-informed nonsense without any foundation or basis whatsoever that I've had the misfortune to chance upon.

lol

#30 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Edit

Edited by Dave T, 28 July 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#31 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,892 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

I take it you think that TFIL is pushing it a bit

Keeping it local

#32 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. In time i will be shown to be right.

#33 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Couldn't agree more. It's absolute drivel. Very novel drivel, but drivel nonetheless.

#34 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. In time i will be shown to be right.

How on earth do you imagine that "what the RFL really want" is something that can ever be proven?

#35 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

But yes, some say the RFL doesn't want us in. The relegation/promotion thing is really bad to us, we could never survive in SL 2.

Certainly a problem. Catalans don't look like going down but it's hard to imagine that they never will. Even Wigan flirted with relegation.

#36 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

We all know of those who would be happy to see this.

Do we? 

How about some names?

#37 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 446 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

If Catalans ever decided to quit SL I'd fully expect their replacement to be Toulouse

#38 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:49 AM

How on earth do you imagine that "what the RFL really want" is something that can ever be proven?

Time will show what the RFL wants trust me.

#39 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

If Catalans ever decided to quit SL I'd fully expect their replacement to be Toulouse

Don't hold your breathe on that one. My money would be on the RFL putting in another club from the M62 corridor.

#40 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,044 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Do we?

How about some names?

And that would only result in denial, unless they are prepared to stand up an be counted.

However, at times, it does feel as if there is a vision for a top tier that contains more so called heartlands clubs ..including the ones deprived of SuperLeague by the evil genius of Maurice Lindsay, clubs which , it is claimed, had they had the money "wasted" on expansion in London, Paris, les Cats would now be bringing in huge crowds, media attention and revenue.

Maybe a poll would answer the question on here at least: should Les Cats be removed from Super
League?

Edited by JohnM, 29 July 2014 - 05:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users