Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NEGATIVITY THREAD - The League Of Death !

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Next year’s away games includes trips to Oxford, Gloucester, S.Wales, Coventry, London (x2).
This isn’t so bad for sides based in Lancashire and Yorkshire, but for Barrow, it’s going to be a nightmare for the squad.
I can see us struggling to assemble a side next year if I’m brutally honest !
Certain players have already expressed their deep concerns.

Edited by Baaarrow, 30 July 2014 - 09:03 AM.

Posted Image

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

North Wales and Gateshead . Long trips and games you can't sell to supporters , with no opposition support either . So your on a loss on a few levels

#3 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Under the new structure we only play every team once so we won't have an away game at all of those grounds.

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Aye could be a problem ...... thats what you get for not speculating to accumulate this season !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

If it's geographically based , the home and away fixtures are gonna be tougher than the clubs you play once most probably . I don't like that artificial system anyway . Playing everyone home n away and it's a level playing field .

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

If it's geographically based , the home and away fixtures are gonna be tougher than the clubs you play once most probably . I don't like that artificial system anyway . Playing everyone home n away and it's a level playing field .

I said the same thing in another thread .... its a nonsence all for a stupid cup competition !!

Lee Morton

#7 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

These teams have to come up here with a quarter of the crowds yet we are the ones panicking. Wow.

#8 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

aye aye aye  were doomed, :(

#9 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

I know it will suit Ron (Bearman) but why do we go to Coventry twice.LOL

Posted Image

#10 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

I know it will suit Ron (Bearman) but why do we go to Coventry twice.LOL

Well spotted Michael..............I've edited it now ! :-)

Posted Image

#11 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Spoil sports !!!!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#12 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

ha ha

Lee Morton

#13 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Reading the RFL bumf It looks like we will play 9 teams twice (selected by geography) and the other 2 once either home or away but not both.This is biased against the northern teams who will play all their top rivals twice whilst the souther teams will "dodge" two of the harder away days :rtfm:

#14 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Reading the RFL bumf It looks like we will play 9 teams twice (selected by geography) and the other 2 once either home or away but not both.This is biased against the northern teams who will play all their top rivals twice whilst the souther teams will "dodge" two of the harder away days :rtfm:

What do you want them to do?

It's either we play everyone twice or we mix it up. People have already started to moan about the travelling so that implies we have to play less fixtures.

The southern teams won't be anywhere near the top so it makes sense they all play eachother. What would you rather have all the northern teams play the same number of southern teams or have some northern teams getting advantage over other northern teams by playing the southern teams more often?

How would you feel if we had the exact same fixtures as Haven next year (if they go down) except for we played North Wales Crusaders away whilst they played away at Coventry (no offence Bearman) wouldn't be exactly fair would it?

#15 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

What do you want them to do?
It's either we play everyone twice or we mix it up. People have already started to moan about the travelling so that implies we have to play less fixtures.
The southern teams won't be anywhere near the top so it makes sense they all play eachother. What would you rather have all the northern teams play the same number of southern teams or have some northern teams getting advantage over other northern teams by playing the southern teams more often?
How would you feel if we had the exact same fixtures as Haven next year (if they go down) except for we played North Wales Crusaders away whilst they played away at Coventry (no offence Bearman) wouldn't be exactly fair would it?

None taken, I'm too thick skinned
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users