Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Duel reg

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Tony harrinson on twitter
After extensive research, I believe two Championship clubs breached Rule B3: 17: 1 at the weekend. I also understand RFL investigating

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

Swifty playing for Hornits ?

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Probably, he also said he understands Batley is one of them

#4 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Long as it wasn't Town, which it can't have been.....can it?

#5 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Fairbank for Batley? Wonder if points deductions are on the cards?

#6 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

Could be Hornets or Doncaster. They are the 2 teams that seem to be playing the more established first teamers recently such as Ben Crooks and Shannon O Donnel

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Certainly wasn't Town as the 3 DR's were Murphy (20 games for Town pre-deadline); Farrell (11 games pre-deadline) and Burke (4 games pre-deadline).    If it is going to mean points deductions for the guilty teams they need to get on with it and save others a lot of unnecessary worry, especially those in the relegation fight.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

Yep, Rochdale won't make much difference as there down. Big implications on batley, if they get 6-9 points deduction there down. I know one thing, if it was town or haven we'd have the book thrown at us.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Let's hope it is Batley and it's hefty points deductions ( nothing personal ) . I think we all need to be relieved of unnecessary worry. This whole thing is killing us ! Tis me anyway , I've felt poorly all week thinking of Sunday !!

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Said at the weekend there was no way adam swift could play dr for Rochdale he hadn't all season at least haven and town have done it the right way we've basically used the same players all season

#11 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

If they'd lost it wouldn't matter as much but since they won surely THEY MUST have a points deduction or be forced to replay otherwise what's to stop other clubs doing it??

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

If a club has done a boo - boo on DR then common sense says the points earned in that match should be taken away ... If true , has the RFL got a backbone ????

Edited by DavidM, 30 July 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

Loans are included ... Please tell me Dec isn't in this ?

#14 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Dec signed on loan before the deadline

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Loans are included ... Please tell me Dec isn't in this ?

you just have to be loaned before the deadline. We could have loaned Joel tomkins last Friday and he would have been eligible to play. Dec was extended before the cut off time. We're more than covered. No need to worry on our behalf.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#16 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Swift let 72 points in at full back for Rochdale last week so how can they penalise them more -))

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

You'd think it would be hard as a club to mess this up . The rules are there in black n white . No excuses here , watch this space I guess

#18 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hull played Jamie Thackray (I think) as an ineligible player in the Challenge Cup a few years ago - and you'd think those rules would be much clearer than DR
I can see DR is more complicated, judging by what has been posted on here recently, but at the end of the day its up to the clubs to comply, not cry wolf after the event

Edited by shaun mc, 30 July 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Indeed . Fans are confused , but no excuse for the clubs and parent clubs of the player who know all the cap info not to be on the ball

#20 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

From RFL Operational Rules
B3:17 Dual Registered Players who have a Salary Cap Value of £20,000 or more i.e. those who receive a category A, B, C or D classification, must have played in at least three League or League Cup fixtures for the Championships club that season before the end of season registration deadline which applies in that Competition in order to play in games which fall after that deadline whether they be regular season or Play Off games.
Dual Registered Players who switch over to a Loan Agreement following the end of season registration deadline must have played in at least three games of the regular season in order to be eligible for the Play Offs.

Speculation but the only players I can see this would apply to are Swift at Rochdale - he scored a try but they got tonked by Leigh. For Batley - can only be Fairbank and he scored a try in their win at Sheffield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users