Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rumours of a return to SportsDirect.com Park

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RoughyedsMad

RoughyedsMad
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

I don't know how much substance there is but heard from a reliable source that we could be returning to join our friends from down at Sheepfoot Lane in time for next season. Makes sense from an economic and marketing prospective doesn't it especially with the new stand going up on the Broadway side? There has been no tangible evidence of any ground improvements at Whitebank and I wonder why? There has been a lot of talk but no action! I can see Whitebank being used as a training facility and used to host reserve and youth matches. Thoughts anyone? If we want genuine ambition to climb up the rugby league ladder we must return to Sports Direct.com Park.

#2 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

100% agree

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#3 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

Same as what I was told. As a matter of interest, how much is CH worth? Would he have enough money to say to Simon Corney "here is a lump sum for joint ownership of the stadium " or will it be the same as before, just pay rent.

#4 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

we'll be paying rent....

though as i said in another thread...once latics move lock,stock & barrell into the new stand it might be worth us putting a cheeky offer to "buy" the old main stand for a nominal price with the provison that in time we replace it with a modern stand...

OLDHAM RLFC

#5 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

another reason to go back to BP is the potential to develop links with sports direct

OLDHAM RLFC

#6 D1041

D1041
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

another reason to go back to BP is the potential to develop links with sports direct

Wot? jump in bed with Mike Ashley.Out of the frying pan ............

#7 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

i mean developing a link to getting merchendise into the sports direct shop in the new stand...or the shop in town....or the new shop they are gonna build inside the big tesco on huddersfield rd...

OLDHAM RLFC

#8 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

I doubt the football club will entertain accommodating the rugby club unless there's a change of owner.

#9 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 701 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

I doubt the football club will entertain accommodating the rugby club unless there's a change of owner.

Roughyeds or Latics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users