Points Deduction?

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#1 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Looks like the RFL are looking into serious breach of the dual reg by yourselves on Sunday? B3: 17: 1 could be curtains if found guilty ?

#2 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 998 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Looks like the RFL are looking into serious breach of the dual reg by yourselves on Sunday? B3: 17: 1 could be curtains if found guilty ?

you got a link to this info please.??who shouldent we have had on pitch..

#3 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

everyone just talking about it on our forum

http://www.totalrl.c...56403-duel-reg/

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

Given his loan deals with Bradford and Wakefield this season (which will have significantly lowered his salary cap value) and the fact that he's only a peripheral first team player at Huddersfield, I'd doubt that Fairbank is worth more than 20k on their cap.

If true, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the work of a certain coach whom we faced during one of our most recent games.

Posted Image

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

Be just our luck that.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#6 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

No luck about it. The rules are there and the clubs should know them. This issue was highlighted on this forum last week several days before the game took place and I believe it was also raised after the team was announced. If there has been a breach then the club will have to accept whatever punishment is handed out just like the two players had to.

#7 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

Hearing unconfirmed rumours it is us and Fairbank. Hello Oxford and Coventry.

Absolute farce

#8 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

Drug bans, gambling bans, intelligible players for a small family club we don't half invite trouble. We have one of the most experienced chairmen in the game who is a solicitor by trade & one of the most experienced coaches in the game. Surely one of the them must have known the rules as Fred says people on here did. The farce that is dual reg is really coming home to roost. I feel really disappointed.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#9 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

Given his loan deals with Bradford and Wakefield this season (which will have significantly lowered his salary cap value) and the fact that he's only a peripheral first team player at Huddersfield, I'd doubt that Fairbank is worth more than 20k on their cap.

If true, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the work of a certain coach whom we faced during one of our most recent games.

if you think fairbank is on less than 20k then your way off mate

#10 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

I heard that Fairbank had signed on loan for the rest of the season as opposed to DR. Not sure if that is true or if it changes anything.

#11 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

I thought the rule also stated if was over 20k,had to off played 3 times for us which I think Fairbank did before deadline

#12 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

Can't see how we have broken it,we have had Fairbank play for us 3 times before Sheffield,if on loan then don't matter either way,same rule for dr to loan play 3 times

#13 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

So because of speculation that it's batley on your forum then it is us,wait and see what comes out of our own club

#14 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

Can't guarantee how accurate this is: http://www.loverugby...Jacob-Fairbank/

Genuinely hope you're not deducted points. After the season we've all had it would be horrendous if that fifth place was settled by a points deduction.

#15 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

Can't guarantee how accurate this is: http://www.loverugby...Jacob-Fairbank/

Genuinely hope you're not deducted points. After the season we've all had it would be horrendous if that fifth place was settled by a points deduction.

I think thats pretty accurate, i dont remeber him playing in any other games for us.

If hes not on loan, we are up the creek.

Hope KN has a legal loophole up his sleeve if it comes to it.

Edited by buford t justice, 31 July 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#16 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

If it is us, and we've used Fairbank either unwittingly or in full knowledge that he's ineligible, then we deserve all we get - no two ways about it.

If such a simple error has been made - and at such a crucial stage of an absolutely crucial season, then it's an absolute farce and an indictment of those in charge.

Hope I'm wrong though, and our legendary PR team confused 'loan deal' with 'dual reg'.

Edited by TheTerminator, 31 July 2014 - 08:53 AM.

Posted Image

#17 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

AS from this week you can only d/r players that have played 3 times before.Does not matter if he hadnt played,it was before the deadline.Although i was led to believe that the 3 match rule was the week before.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 31 July 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#18 cally

cally
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

hope there is a statement from the club to let us know exactly what's going on and if we are in danger of losing points

#19 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

Deadline was Friday 25th July I pointed this out on  a thread on here about lack of players coming in 

#20 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Deadline was Friday 25th July I pointed this out on a thread on here about lack of players coming in

We're all aware of when the deadline was, but thanks for taking time to point it out to us all.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users